anyone had Daystar fishnet pantyhose FO experience

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deg195

Reaction score
I recently thought I would try some Daystar F.O. Tried soaping the Fishnet Pantyhose with a recipe that I have used for awhile which contains GM powder. I was going to make the soap a pale pink. After adding the f.o the color morphed a bit and I saw streaks of blue. I decided to try for a no gell. After taking the soap out of the fridge I noticed the soap changed to an orange color. A day later I noticed brown specs. Thought maybe I had DOS or something. I left the soap and thought it was a goner. Checked on it tonight (maybe 5 days later) and it is turning a grungy brown color throught the boby but staying orange on top. This is very strange. I will leave the soap for awhile and see what happens. Will definitely ph test.
Anyone have morphing from this color or have any ideas whats going on. I will try to post pics this w/e.
Barb

Your color is probably morphing from the vanillin content of your FO, and will continue to do so as it is exposed to air and oxidizes. Its very common. Trying to supress gel probably just extended the morphing a bit. Many FOs morph color, especially while pH is high. You can try using as vanilla stabilizer.
As for DOS, it takes weeks to months to develop...it wouldn't happen over night.

Thanks for your input. I did not even consider a vanilla content in the FO because on the review by Daystar it said - no change in color. BUMMER.
At least its not DOS and the soap can be used. I bet it has vanilla in the FO...
I might have planned a little better with my design- It will be interesting how this looks at the end of curing. It has green and dark pink embeds in it. Might be cool looking in 6 wks...Thanks!
Barb

I've never tried that fo, but I checked over at the scent review board, and the review there said that it discolored instantly to yellowish brown.

So apparently it does discolor.

"Fishnet" is a wonderful fo, but has lots of vanilla. I use it in frostings and "gm&h" lotion but too much van unless you like brown soap. Carole:wave:

I am actually loving how it is turning out. I did not gel it so when I took it out of the fridge I first thought it was going rancid. I was sure the website said no discoloration- maybe not lol....

bugtussul- I a going to call it midnight madness. It has become every dark with chunks of pink and green- I am loving it.

Latest posts

Back