Anyone else with a Wordpress/GoldCart website?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
My website was made with Wordpress and I'm using GoldCart for e-commerce. I love love love working with WP because I am able to update my site myself, from any browser. I find it very user-friendly for newbies!

The lady that designed my site and set it up for me charged me for the design and hosting only. Now that it is set up I have run into a few issues here and there, and while she has been helping me, I can tell that she doesn't really want to (since I only paid her for the design, hosting, and inital set up).

I've never used Wordpress before so occasionally I come across something that I want to change, etc. and don't really want to bother her (she has charged me a couple of times already for "extra work" after the initial set up).

So anyway, I'm just curious if anyone else is using WP and GoldCart and would be willing to answer some questions from time to time about it. It would be nice to chat with someone else who uses it and maybe learn a few new things!

Anyone?? :)

omg, I've been thinking about Wordpress, too!! I actually searched on YouTube for step-by-step tutorials and found a few, but didn't bookmark them. Did you try that?

I do web design in the corporate world (.NET, ColdFusion etc) but a friend suggested I look at WP for my personal site. It looks very promising so far.

I'm not at any point to offer any help yet but perhaps in a few weeks or the coming months we could share some pointers.

I really do highly recommend Word Press for anyone of you thinking about getting a website. I am html challenged, and even using those "easy" FTP programs confused the he11 out of me. I'm used to using Yahoo Sitebuilder templates. ;)

WP is so easy! I can log in from any browser and just start editing my website.

If anyone is interested in who I had do my website, lemme know. She designed the layout, did the general set up of the site (and gave me a quick tutorial, sort of), and is giving me free hosting, all for $200. I thought it was a good deal.

She does charge to do extra things once you've "okayed" the design and everything, so that's why I'm kinda hoping to find someone else with WP experience who can help me do some of that stuff myself. :)

Back