Any soaping info on these DS FOs'?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got my sale order from Daystar and bought a bunch of things I've never tried. I searched the FO forum for any soaping info on them but don't find any, although a couple are referenced a couple times, but no soaping notes. Some of these smell like they have, and are listed as having lots of florals in them but the DS on-site review says no acceleration, which I'm skeptical about. If anyone has any experience using them, I would love to know about any A or D. If you know if it holds too, that would be good to know.

And no, I don't have access to Scent Review Board.

Chai
Chergui WInds
Kai
Kazi Kazi
Lust for Life
Out on a Limb
Rain Forest
REbel Yell
Sweet Grass
Tangled in Barbwire
Wrangler

Thanks!
Did anyone else get some new scents in the sale?

Here is some info from the Scent Review Board. I personally have not worked with this supplier's scents. Good luck!

Kai - A, yes/D, no
Kazi Kazi - A, no/D, no
Out on a Limb - A, no/D, no
Rain Forest - A, no
Sweet Grass - A, potential (mixed reviews)/D, no. Scent faded but came back around week 3.
Tangled in Barbwire - A, yes (be prepared to move)/D, no info

Rebel yell is fairly easy to work with, some A IIRC. Discolors to a dark tan/light brown.
I *love* DS and use a lot of FOs from there, but I have found most of them to accelerate to some degree. Worth it usually, but most of them are pretty speedy...

THanks for the info on Rebel Yell. I can smell the floral in there so I couldn't believe they say no A, although granted not all florals accelerate. It's like a tease for them to put soaping notes up and then find they aren't correct, or maybe thy tested them all in castille so they all just SEEMED not to accelerate because it didn't solidify immediately.

Made Chergui Winds which I like a lot, but it threatened to separate and as they noted, the soap is strongly yellow. But the scent is really great.

I just got my sale order from Daystar and bought a bunch of things I've never tried. I searched the FO forum for any soaping info on them but don't find any, although a couple are referenced a couple times, but no soaping notes. Some of these smell like they have, and are listed as having lots of florals in them but the DS on-site review says no acceleration, which I'm skeptical about. If anyone has any experience using them, I would love to know about any A or D. If you know if it holds too, that would be good to know.

And no, I don't have access to Scent Review Board.

Chai
Chergui WInds
Kai
Kazi Kazi
Lust for Life
Out on a Limb
Rain Forest
REbel Yell
Sweet Grass
Tangled in Barbwire
Wrangler

Thanks!
Did anyone else get some new scents in the sale?

so did you try these yet? thoughts? i am particularly interested in kai, kazi-kazi and lust for life so feedback would be appreciated :)

I did soap Kazi Kazi. no dc ,no real A but the scent is light. Maybe it will come out with time but it's very light. Haven't gone the other two yet though. SOrry!

Latest posts

Back