Another new soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDennis

Reaction score
This one is number 3 and is Orange Poppy seed. Tried out a lard recipe. I hope the orange scent sticks. I added it to the poppy seeds before adding into the mix at trace.A shout out to my hubby who made me my soap box. Crude (he was limited by the materials we have in the house) but highly effective. I can change it out from 1lb to 5lb. Plus I made reusable liners with 8mil plastic sheeting.

116.jpg

117.jpg

Orange poppyseed (1 of 1).jpg

I made reusable liners with 8 mil plastic sheeting.

What is plastic sheeting? I would like to do this with my new wooden molds.

What did you use to tape the plastic sheeting together, please?

I used the plastic sheeting you would use as a vapor barrier behind drywall. It's fire rated so we both figured it would work and it did. Hubby has a huge roll left after a project. I cut it in a way that the corners fold in together so no tape and no leaks. Works great. Line mold, unmould, wash and repeat. Hubby finished 2 more molds for me today. I have to cut more liners tomm. I will take pics and post when done.

Beautiful soap! I bet it's going to be a joy to use in the shower when cured. My hubby built my first wooden molds and I still use them often. It's a great thing to have someone that can build what you envision!:-D

I can't count how much of that 8ml plastic I have all over because of hubby's construction work. I never thought to use it so thanks for that tip!

Last edited:
Back