Annatto Seed Soap Making (Pics Included)...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steve, wow!!!! i'm finally getting around to trying the annatto seeds, am going to try a couple of batches, infused oil and in the lye solution. you went to a TON of work, and i, for one, really, truly appreciate it!

I love the color of annatto seed infusion in my soap! We bought the natural colorant kit at Soap Making Resource and have loved the results of all the stuff we have tried so far. There's so many! We're only halfway through them all. By far my favorite so far is the French Green Clay. The green is so vibrant and beautiful, plus the clay in the soap has such a silky texture in the lather. Thanks for this kit, Steve!

I have had excellent results with Alkanet Root. A nice lavender color every time. Perhaps you are not using enough alkanet root? The first time I used it, I only infused it for a couple of hours. After that, I let it sit in a mason jar. Results were the same each time.

Steve, your research is wonderful an so extensive. I want to thank you for all your hard work and that we soapers receive the benefit. I've infused annatto seed and have the wonderful red oil all ready for soaping. Your research is a great help for me in deciding just how to incorporate. I'm also planning on grinding annatto to as fine a powder as I can, for the exfoliating and visual benefits. Just a BIG thank You!:thumbs::):computerbath::tub::shower::winner:

I am also thinking because Steve said the Annatto soap suds turned orange when he didn't put his soap batter through gel phase, that CPOP could be a great option. He said that when he put it through gel phase there was no discoloration in the lather. CPOP could give more vibrant color. I think that is what I will do with mine, so we'll see. :rolling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, your research is wonderful an so extensive. I want to thank you for all your hard work and that we soapers receive the benefit. I've infused annatto seed and have the wonderful red oil all ready for soaping. Your research is a great help for me in deciding just how to incorporate. I'm also planning on grinding annatto to as fine a powder as I can, for the exfoliating and visual benefits. Just a BIG thank You!:thumbs::):computerbath::tub::shower::winner:

I am also thinking because Steve said the Annatto soap suds turned orange when he didn't put his soap batter through gel phase, that CPOP could be a great option. He said that when he put it through gel phase there was no discoloration in the lather. CPOP could give more vibrant color. I think that is what I will do with mine, so we'll see. :rolling:

Marie, Steve is no longer here, so won't see your post to him, he hasn't been around since this post in 2011. This thread is 8 years old. If you'd like to start a new thread re this subject and link to this please do.

Latest posts

Back