Anchoring EOs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie-pie

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm fairly new here and do a lot of reading, but not much posting. I've tried some of the ideas on anchoring my EOs in my CP soap. I mix with castor oil, bentonite clay, use patchouli, etc.

I'm still losing scent after a month or so.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jennifer

try orris root powder :) or ive heard baking soda will help too ...also have you any knowledge of aromatherapy? if you blend scents together in the right combos low middle and top notes all blend for a nice smell that lasts (especially if you use a scent fixative like orris root powder)

IanT said:
try orris root powder :) or ive heard baking soda will help too ...also have you any knowledge of aromatherapy? if you blend scents together in the right combos low middle and top notes all blend for a nice smell that lasts (especially if you use a scent fixative like orris root powder)

When is Orris Root added to the soap and how much?

Benzoin is also supposed to anchor them....even orange EO....but I haven't tried it...yet. :)

PrincessMommy said:
IanT said:

When is Orris Root added to the soap and how much?

Id say add at trace and maybe 1-2 tsp ppo (per pound of oils!)

Latest posts

Back