amount of Germall liquid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PippiL

Reaction score
I make my own face cream, I'm using Germall liquid plus.
Lets say I make 3 oz of total, usage of 5% , means 0.005 time 3 = 0.0015, converted it to grams, which comes to 0.04 g....when I poured that amount in to a little container, it looks like a lot of preservatives ???

I do have a very good scale, KD 8000...I know I should have an even more accurate scale, but I really only make my own cream, maybe in the future...

PippiL said:
I make my own face cream, I'm using Germall liquid plus.
Lets say I make 3 oz of total, usage of 5% , means 0.005 time 3 = 0.0015, converted it to grams, which comes to 0.04 g....when I poured that amount in to a little container, it looks like a lot of preservatives ???

Usage rate for Liquid Germall Plus is 0.5%, not 5%. 3 x .005 = 0.015 oz. I'm not sure how to convert that to grams as I am hopelessly American in my measurements!

so could the amount of 0.04 g be right for a 0.5% Germall liquid solution in a 3oz cream??? It seems alot???

.015 ounces translates to about .4 grams (.425 grams to be exact). You had .04, which is incorrect. As I see it, .425 grams is going to be a very tiny amount.

To help you visualize better, think of it like this:
3 ounces is equal to about 85 grams.
You're only putting .425 grams into an 85 gram solution.
If you reverse the calculations (to check your work), you'll find that .425 grams is almost exactly .5% (.005) of 85

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Latest posts

Back