amanda's bubble bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
i just made the bubble bar recipe amanda shared on her blog and they came out so great! i just wanted to share my finished bars. Scented with a rose FO

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ooooooh those look great! Whose Amanda ? & where can we get this fab Bubble bar recipe?
Which Rose FO did you use? & how is it?

KD said:
Very nice! I don't have arrowroot powder. Anyone have any ideas on a substitute?

Corn starch will do. Though I think Krissy said hers with cornstarch came out more dough-ish than bath bomb-ish like in the video. But either way will work.

i ended up using cornstarch and my batch came out more like playdough. it was very easy to work with and a great quick project.

And I love how you put the rose bud in it! Perfect for Valentines or Mother's Day :)

Those are beautiful! Amanda, I've got your recipe printed out, and I'm going to give it a go. I will have to tweak it a bit because I don't have arrowroot powder either, but I'm thinking a combo of cornstarch and cream of tarter. I might do a little less liquid surfactant and make an addition of some type of oil or butter as my skin is soooooo dry right now. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

NancyRogers said:
Those are beautiful! Amanda, I've got your recipe printed out, and I'm going to give it a go. I will have to tweak it a bit because I don't have arrowroot powder either, but I'm thinking a combo of cornstarch and cream of tarter. I might do a little less liquid surfactant and make an addition of some type of oil or butter as my skin is soooooo dry right now. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

That sounds good, Nancy!

Yes, Lyn...you crumble it under running water and it makes loads of bubbles. I prefer them to bath bombs as I am super bath bomb challended...lol.

Latest posts

Back