Almond Frangrance Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy1919

Reaction score
While I'm not a big fan of almond scented things, I smelled some soap at a shop that smelled wonderful. So I ordered some almond fragrance oil then saw on the reviews that a little goes along way. Does anyone have advise on how much of this fragrance to add per pound of soap? Also is there any other scents that go with the scent? Sandy

Where did you buy the fragrance oil from? Scent strength can differ from vendor to vendor. I myself have Intense Almond from Majestic Mtn. Sage, and they were not kidding when they named it Intense- man, that stuff is as strong as an acre of garlic! :shock: I use it at only .3 oz ppo in my soap.

IrishLass :)

Edited to add that I like to make a soap scented with a coconut fragrance, to which I add grated-up soap 'confetti' from a batch that was scented with Intense Almond.

Last edited:
IrishLass how does MMS intense almond smell in your CP? I've used mine twice and it morphs into a play doh scent, really gross it is. Its a wonderful FO in lotion though.

I have a almond one I LOVE its like Honey Almond* from WSP...it is to die for.
That one IS great!! Smells very like Peak's Almond Pastries FO but with a hint of maybe graham crackers?
I have a friend who despises almost ALL scents (migraine issues) but adores everything I make with Peak's Almond Pastries FO. I like it too - it smells almost exactly like marzipan to me and it's pretty strong. I use it at 0.5oz ppo in CP soap. Smells wonderful without being overbearing and it only discolors to a pale beige.

I ordered my almond scent from WSP It should arrive today. I'm planning on using it for HP soap. I will just make a small batch and post how it turns out. Thanks

I have the Almond fo from Bramble Berry (not the Cybilla) and I added it to the Oatmeal Milk and Honey fragrance. For 2 lbs recipe I used 1.0 of the OMH and .4 of Almond, and the almond took over. I used it an all clay soap, so that probably makes it stronger. I'll use less next time.

Almond scent update

I used the almond scent at about .8 ppo. It smelled nice but the fragrance did not linger on the skin after use. I like it to stay around a little while. I guess I just like a reminder of all the trouble I went to to make the soap after I use it. :problem: Then I re-batched it and added a tad more to see what would happen. I'm not sure about that batch yet.
Sandy1919

Latest posts

Back