Advice on Criticism

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn it!
Seems I missed all the excitement.

I got some very helpful "criticism" when I first got here. It ended up saving me from making a lot more mistakes than I have along the way.

Like has been said we're all soapers here. Some with more practice and experience than others. For me it just means that I have made my beginner mistakes and learned from them. I have also learned that many of the people here have a lot to teach me. As soon as I am teachable.
My feelings got hurt early on here because I thought I knew more than I did. I still have lots of "stuff" that I got early on that I hope to live long enough to eventually use up.
I am still learning this soap making craft thingy.

And the colors.
And packaging.
It goes on and on....

Steve

Should I check it out... I almost feel a bit intimidated :???:

It's not for the meek or timid. They're a pretty close knit group of long term members who've known each other a long time. And they're not shy. I pop over there every few months for something new, but I can't say that learning soap or lotion skills is the focus; maybe it used to be but there's just as much about politics, what book, tv, craft you're doing, life problems etc. than anything else. They are not fans of a certain high ranking political leader.

It's not for the meek or timid. They're a pretty close knit group of long term members who've known each other a long time. And they're not shy. I pop over there every few months for something new, but I can't say that learning soap or lotion skills is the focus; maybe it used to be but there's just as much about politics, what book, tv, craft you're doing, life problems etc. than anything else. They are not fans of a certain high ranking political leader.

Totally agree. They are scary. I have never made a comment. I just read.

So I just created an account over on the dish to see what all the hubbub was about and yea... there seems to be a lot of really good advice, but the "tone" of the forum isn't exactly my cup of tea. Some of the posters seem to have a bit of an attitude... I can certainly see why you would be hesitant about posting there.

The etiquette of this forum is far superior and I'm glad I found you guys :)

I see soapcalc.net is going to be introducing a new forum soon.

Last edited:
Exactly, are we becoming fb with all politically correct answers.
Knowledgeable, people who want to post and share , stop posting because they "hurt" some snowflakes feelings.
I thought we are all mature people

The way words change meaning over time is amazing to me. When I first heard 'snowflake' being bandied about as an insult it was confusing to me.

Millennials were snowflakes because they were too coddled to face the 'real' world?

Or anyone who felt they were 'special' and should be treated differntly than everyone else. Apparently a usage that is attributed to the author of the Fight Club.

And now it's a an incredibly mean political insult.

Why can't it just stay that lovely thing that gently falls from the sky when the moisture and cold meet to create a lovely circumstance that makes children and me smile, laugh and stick our tongues out to taste these flitting bits of winter.

Page-home-page-Chirp-image-400x400.jpg

earlene snowflakes dissolve quickly this is why this name, still it is not insulting, It rather means weak people; in this contest people who love to be priced, As I said do not ask question if you do not expect a honest answer

Latest posts

Back