Additives for my next batches....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
I went shopping for aloe vera juice and look what else I came accross. Coconut flour! I make a coconut scrubby with goats milk that has ground coconut in it and is the best exfoliator, next to oatmeal. This stuff is pure organic coconut finely ground just the way I like it. No more foolin around with grinding and sifting shredded coconut from the bulk section.

My plan for the Aloe juice is to use it for 50% of the water. (like I do for my beer soaps etc..)I hope this will work, I've never used it before!

Also, I use oatmeal, finely ground and sifted for my oatmeal, milk and honey soaps (sorry, I just dont care for big scrapey chunks in my soap) and I found organic ground whole oat flour for CHEAP! It's super fine and I think it will work perfectly! I just may put away my grinder to make more room for...hmm, Fragrance oils lol! j/k

P4050001.jpg

Way awesome! I saw the oat flour at our local grocery, considered picking it up. The almost colloidal oatmeal I made is great, but it is still a touch chunky and too much work to sift out. Totally worth it, I think. Great find !

Since I have to eat Gluten Free I have read TONS of stuff about formulating recipes with different ingredients. Everywhere I have read about the Coconut Flour they have cautioned that it is SUPER DUPER absorbent. Hope you share your experience and how much you use ppo. I don't like soaps that are too scratch so I am always grinding things as fine as I can get them. So if this works in small amounts that would be cool.

I wonder if it would help incorporate it to mix it with some oil first?

I was thinking about that coconut flour, too! Halving the aloe will work great...Im using it in alot of my bars now. What causes the feeling of drag? Ive been noticing that on two of the bars I made...it seems like right after I wash them they feel almost sticky but when they are totally air dried they are super smooth.

I went shopping for aloe vera juice and look what else I came accross. Coconut flour! I make a coconut scrubby with goats milk that has ground coconut in it and is the best exfoliator, next to oatmeal. This stuff is pure organic coconut finely ground just the way I like it. No more foolin around with grinding and sifting shredded coconut from the bulk section.

My plan for the Aloe juice is to use it for 50% of the water. (like I do for my beer soaps etc..)I hope this will work, I've never used it before!

Also, I use oatmeal, finely ground and sifted for my oatmeal, milk and honey soaps (sorry, I just dont care for big scrapey chunks in my soap) and I found organic ground whole oat flour for CHEAP! It's super fine and I think it will work perfectly! I just may put away my grinder to make more room for...hmm, Fragrance oils lol! j/k

RR, I recently used the same brand of Aloe Vera Juice in place of my water. I as well purchased the Gel of the same brand and mixed it with my clays for the same Facial Soap. The Coconut sounds like a wonderful addition to your soap.
You're an amazing soapmaker!
Cheers to another great share! :clap:

RR, I recently used the same brand of Aloe Vera Juice in place of my water. I as well purchased the Gel of the same brand and mixed it with my clays for the same Facial Soap. The Coconut sounds like a wonderful addition to your soap.

OOps! I forgot to add that the Juice was at 100% acting as the water. It had no ill affect on the soap what so ever. It did turn a tad bit brown with the lye, yet I didn't color the soap at all and it came out a beautiful creamy ivory in the end.

OOps! I forgot to add that the Juice was at 100% acting as the water. It had no ill affect on the soap what so ever. It did turn a tad bit brown with the lye, yet I didn't color the soap at all and it came out a beautiful creamy ivory in the end.
Thank you for the tip! I was wondering if it would turn the soap funny colors lol!

Thank you so much for the compliment! You guys are wonderful :razz: I cant wait to use these ingredients...wednesday is my soaping day!!! ...might have to whip up a batch sooner :shh:

I was thinking about that coconut flour, too! Halving the aloe will work great...Im using it in alot of my bars now. What causes the feeling of drag? Ive been noticing that on two of the bars I made...it seems like right after I wash them they feel almost sticky but when they are totally air dried they are super smooth.
I read that high amounts of castor oil can cause "drag' although I have made several batches using up to 15% castor and no drag feeling. Seems the aloe would add a nice slip though :razz:

The soap with the aloe is by far my favorite. My latest batches have no castor because Ive been out of it and bulk apothecary refuses to send it to me :(

The soap with the aloe is by far my favorite. My latest batches have no castor because Ive been out of it and bulk apothecary refuses to send it to me :(
I tried ordering from them but they were out of stock on it even though it showed up in my cart :confused:

That burns me. Every order from there has been missing something I've had to wait for....annoying. This time they didn't give me my 8 lb. bucket of shea butter or the 3 bottles of castor. It's been weeks.

That burns me. Every order from there has been missing something I've had to wait for....annoying. This time they didn't give me my 8 lb. bucket of shea butter or the 3 bottles of castor. It's been weeks.
I've read bad stuff about this company. Luckily the only order I placed went fine...

So last night I made my coconut scrubby with the coconut flour and it worked just like adding ground oatmeal! I havent cut into the bars yet but it inmolded fine and smells great. I cant wait to use it!

I want to make a batch of soap using the aloe vera juice but im not sure what to make yet....

Latest posts

Back