Recipe feedback?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi y’all! I’m pretty darn happy with my recipe, but I’d really appreciate your thoughts. To this masterbatch, I add Sorbitol, sodium lactate, sodium citrate, goat milk powder, use aloe vera juice as full water replacement, and get good bubbles and have time to swirl unless a FO is naughty.
I only include canola oil because I purchased a big jug of it. After my next MB or 2, I’ll be out of the canola. I’d like to just adjust the recipe and eliminate it. Ideally, this would let me have 1 less item in my inventory, so I’m hoping to not add something new, unless there is a really compelling reason to. Thanks bunches in advance. 🌸
IMG_4704.jpeg

If you are wanting to sub the canola with another oil that is already in your recipe, I would add it to the olive oil and run the numbers. I did this exact switch with one of my recipes and liked the result better than the original.

FWIW, the one and only time I have experienced DOS, the recipe I used had canola in it. The canola may or may not have contributed, but I have not used it in any soap recipe since.

Latest posts

Back