acne treatment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txsoaper

Reaction score
I came across a product that I want to try making for myself, but am confused about the purpose of a couple of the ingredients. The ingredient list is as follows and I am not sure if it is in the correct order:

jojoba oil
grapeseed oil
tea tree oil
neem oil
witch hazel extract
evening primrose oil
green tea extract
lactic acid
ewax
rosemary oleoresin
hydrogen peroxide
xanthan gum
gluconolactone sodium benzoate
grapefruit seed extract
lavender eo

I know there are subsitituions for many things out there, but what is the purpose of the gluconolactone sodium benzoate and xanthan gum. I sure don't want to use anything that will be irritating to my skin which is very sensitive.

Anyone have any suggestions on this recipe? I am going to give it a try. I am just going to guess that everything listed after the ewax is probably used at less than 5% and go from there.

I don't know about the other ingredients you asked after but I do know xanthan gum is a thickener. I also know it's used in food, seen it a lot in chewing gum. Reading through Plush Folly's listing for it:

Little granules of xanthan gum is used to thicken a variety of liquids or to thicken them into gels.

A little goes a v - e - r - y long way so useage rates are likely to be between 0.2-1%.

http://plushfolly.com/products-view.php ... ategory=27

Hope that helps you :)

Latest posts

Back