A Secret Process

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yadonm

Reaction score
So I Googled "Artisan Soaps" and I stumble upon a site which says she uses a "A secret European cold process saponification method." I'm pretty new to soap making and I don't know what I don't know but what do you folks think of that claim?

I think she is just trying to make her soap stand out from the crowd. If its such a secret, then how did she learn it? Her site doesn't mention traveling to Europe to learn, she has nothing to back up her supposed secret.

I can't imagine what the secret method is. It does add an air of superiority to the product.

This made me giggle so I looked up the site. I wasn't impressed. No ingredients' listing for the soaps except that they are vegan friendly and cruelty free!

If she's using a secret European CP method, that probably means only European oils - right? No palm, coconut, rice bran, anything originally from the tropics....

I'm being sarcastic, I know, but this is pretty silly.

Too funny! The chanting and goat sacrificing could be the ticket.

Nooo! Not goat sacrifice! They're so cute and intelligent. Just use the milk! :shock:

Yes, pretty pictures on the site. However, I noticed her descriptions cross the line from soap into falling under a cosmetics and/or drug category. Naughty, naughty! The FDA doesn't like it when people make claims. The cosmetic category isn't too bad but she's required by FDA regulations to list all her ingredients on her labels. It's possible she does list them. The drug claim is bad. This requires testing to confirm the validity of her statements and I doubt she's done this since it's extremely expensive. Is It a Cosmetic, a Drug, or Both? (Or Is It Soap?)

Back