A Modest Post of Frustration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musiccitysuds

Reaction score
I'm so frustrated with myself, and I know that you lot are the only ones that will really understand. So I just wanted to share.

I've been spending the last six weeks or so moving into a new house and a new soap making studio. The house has a separate downstairs apartment that is now exclusively dedicated to soapmaking. It's my dream come true! I've been painting and building and organizing and fantasizing about getting into that kitchen.

Last night after weeks of stress and exhaustion, I turned up the tunes and finally set to making a big batch of soap. I hadn't soaped in about a month, the orders were piling up, and I was so excited to get back to my favorite addiction.

I went to put my molds together (HDPE ones), and couldn't find my connectors. Staring at the pile of half-filled boxes and strewn moving supplies, I knew I wouldn't find them if I searched. Not to be dissuaded, I picked up some silicone molds and decided to go at it that way. I was making soap, and nothing was going to stop me!

I've definitely gotten a little rusty. The new kitchen was a lot harder to negotiate than I'm used to. I usually fill a sink with cold water to cool off my lye solution, but the new water pressure was nil and my drain stopper was leaking. I went to scoop out my coconut oil, and it had hardened to the point that the scoop wouldn't budge. After a "Sword in the Stone" moment, I plugged on. I couldn't find my regular utensils, and got a false trace. Yargh!

But it's ok. Time for the scent. I measured out one of my favorite scents and dumped it into the soap pot...then I realized I had been using a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon. Ugh! I poured the soap into the molds and could barely stand the smell, it was so strong.

Frustrated I ran upstairs, forgetting to insulate or cover (I usually gel my soaps). So this morning the entire house smells to high heaven, I have ash on my bars, and they're much paler than I wanted because I didn't gel.

I know that eventually that kitchen is going to be everything I ever dreamed of and I'll get back into the swing of things. But what a frustrating night. :(

Thanks for letting me vent.

So sorry to hear of your awful night...
Perhaps when you get everything just so, you can celebrate with a nice batch of bubblebath, which you use just for you!

Once you get the hang of your new digs you'll be so much happier. Just takes time. *hugs* Hang in there and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of soap pics once you get comfortable.

Can't begin to imagine your frustration! Here's to your next soaping experience in your new house being loads of fun!

I'm sorry to hear you had such problems. Someone on another post mentioned the domino effect - one thing goes wrong and than it just keeps happening.

I do understand your frustration. I've had similar experiences when soaping.

Latest posts

Back