A hit & a miss...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WallFlower

Reaction score
The good news is my pencil line turned out better than I expected without a small sifter & me just clumping it on everywhere. The bad news is partial gel!!! GRRR! I soaped around 80 degrees. Had my mold in the freezer for a whole day (without soap. Just put mold in freezer by itself to help it NOT gel) and it didn't work :( I'm either going to have to start gelling my soaps or get a new mold

1_zps4943643c.png
[/IMG]

I agree with others. It still looks cool. In fact, I looked at the pictures first before I read your text and didn't even realize that it was partially gelled until you said so.

They look great and now I want caramel candy! Thanks ;) btw: don't worry about the gelling issue. You did a wonderful job!

Love the way your soap turned out and the way the pencil line is in the tear drop, what scent did you use ?

Thanks all!
Relle I used Lemon EO with a touch of Vanilla FO. Hoping it sticks, I hear citrus can be tricky so I used clay to anchor it. It smells like lemon cake :D

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping the color evens out a bit more with time.

Yes, this is what I think will happen. When did you cut it? Sometimes waiting to cut, takes care of it, also. I think they look nice and will be just perfect.

looks great!! :thumbup:
and what about the color? how did you obtain it? really like it!

Thank you all! :)

Yukari I divided my batch up & left one portion uncolored & then used a yellow oxide or pigment powder on the other portion.

Wow they are gorgeous! I got tired of trying to stop my soap from gelling so instead I just gel everything on purpose to keep the look consistent. ;-)

Wow they are gorgeous! I got tired of trying to stop my soap from gelling so instead I just gel everything on purpose to keep the look consistent. ;-)

Thank you! Yes I am contemplating gelling now. Since I took the pictures the gelled part has lightened up more than the non gelled part & I actually like the color of the gelled part more. So I may be gelling more often now :)

Back