A few of my favourite things!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrissyB

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I really enjoy seeing everyone's pictures of their soaps and their work areas, so I thought it was time I posted some pics of my recent efforts.
There are my Valentine's Day offerings, I haven't packaged them up yet, but I am going to wrap them in some organza and pretty ribbons, will post more pics when I do that. And the teddy bears are to go with some 100% Olive Oil baby soaps that I made for the lady next door who is due to have a baby in March, so I will package them all up together in a nice gift basket.

mta6mf.jpg

24yuwl1.jpg

5akkxw.jpg

mta6mf.jpg

This is my soap cupboard
rax0nk.jpg

160y5a8.jpg

And this is me with my little daughter Charlotte.
140knjb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thank you Mary!!! You will have to tell me how you did that!
The heart soaps are all rose scented with Rose FO. And the baby soaps I didn't scent them at all, I just wanted them to be as natural as possible. It's funny, I sort of detect a faint baby powder type smell in them even though I didn't scent them at all. Must be my imagination!

Re :Resize

I will teach you how I do it after th 13th when I get a new batch of net Bytes.
Ihave gobbled them up already and will be on go slow now till then.
Mind you there maybe simpler ways than how I do it.
I love computor graphics and use an old Paint shop pro program.
Night.
Mary
:lol:

Very nice Chrissy!!! I think a few of your favorite things are now mine, too! And the little one...............so precious!

Digit

Oh Crissy, they look beautiful and I love the layers - so perfect! Which rose FO did you use if I may ask? The teddies are gorgeous and the baby powder smell is probably just how your lovely unscented soap smells anyway! Serendipity.......

Tanya :)

I got the rose FO from Big Tree Supplies. I have been doing RTCP. I mixed up a big batch of 50/50 lye/water solution in a 2 litre bottle, so I always have that on hand. I have been adding my fo to the oils before the lye, then add the lye/water with additional liquid. It is really working for me doing it this way, I have not had any seizing, thank goodness!!
To get the layers exact, I measured out 1/3 of my oils, 1/3 of my lye, then mixed that to trace and coloured. Then using a big medical syringe that my kids had lying around to use as a water pistol, I measured it up to 20mls, and did that layer in each heart, let that set, then measured out the next 1/3 of oils and solution and repeated the whole process over again. Took me hours but it worked!
And the unscented baby bars that I made are really lovely, it's really made me appreciate plain ole soap without all the fancy dancy colours and scents. Don't get me wrong, I love all the combinations that can be achieved, but it's nice to know that you can make a lovely soap with just lye/olive oil and water. And it was so easy! My next soap is going to be 50/50 Olive and Coconut.

Thanks for all the information Chrissy. It definitely is worth the extra time for such a professional finish, that's for sure. I will be ordering from Big Tree again soon so I will get that FO. I have one called English Rose from Aussie Soap Supplies and don't like it....it's too overpowering for me. I think I will give it to my mum to scent her rooms with :lol: :wink:

Tanya :)

Re: Re :Resize

starduster said:
I will teach you how I do it after th 13th when I get a new batch of net Bytes.
Ihave gobbled them up already and will be on go slow now till then.
Mind you there maybe simpler ways than how I do it.
I love computor graphics and use an old Paint shop pro program.
Night.
Mary
:lol:
Silly me.When you go on to Gallery, look up the top.There is a resizing page.
Mary :shock:

Thanks Mary, I have seen that post there but never read it. I will definitely read and follow it now!!
And Topcat, the Rose that I got is quite soft and nice, not old lady'ish if you know what I mean. Some rose is really strong and musty smelling. This is just nice and subtle and soft. I like it!

Back