A Cream Soap Tutorial

Discussion in 'Soap Making Recipes & Tutorials' started by Lindy, Oct 27, 2014.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Feb 4, 2019 #221

Jeboz

Jeboz

Jeboz

No, not a floating soap - a scoop out of the container and use as soap. I have bought a pre made base and I have also bought a recipe from a lady on etsy DIYbathandbodyshop- Sandra with these ingredients Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Distilled Water, Broad Spectrum Preservate. It's called foaming bath butter, foaming bath whip and maybe other names as well.

2. Feb 5, 2019 #222

Misschief

Misschief

Misschief

Supporting Member

No, this is not the same thing. This is a cream soap, not a whipped soap base.

3. Feb 5, 2019 #223

Clarice

Clarice

Clarice

We are one... Supporting Member

Jane. I just tried “whipped soap”. (Really a cream soap based on what I have learned on this site) from humblebee and me.

https://www.humblebeeandme.com/diy-whipped-soap-base/

Note she alternates between calling it a whipped soap and a cream soap (sigh )

It turned out OK. Compare to the Pacha Whipped Body Scrub I give it a “B”. (I am trying to replicate the Pacha). Compared to Pacha the Humblebee version was insufficiently dense, so I will play with it more nd let you know what I experience. What appealed to me was that it did not need to “rot” and could be used right away.

Would love to share any experience and recipient with you that you care to share!

Best. Clarice

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  4. Feb 6, 2019 #224

Jeboz

Jeboz

Jeboz

With my limited knowledge I would say you are after a foaming bath whip type product rather than a lye based one. The ingredients listed on the Pach site are not trad. soap. It's seems pretty much emollients, sugar, salt and preservatives with fragrance. But again I'm just new to all this.

Clarice likes this.
  5. Feb 6, 2019 #225

Clarice

Clarice

Clarice

WOW - see - I don't know enough yet to decipher the Pacha ingredient list - thank you for doing that!!!! That explains the density thing - and DUH! why didn't I study it more instead of flailing around in the dark!!

THANK YOU @Jeboz - you have spurred completely new thinking! YAY!

6. Feb 6, 2019 #226

plhamp

plhamp

plhamp

These two ingredients -Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate called SCI and Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate are surfactants and can be purchased and made into a body whip by adding things like glycerin, water, some oils and your exfoliants and fragrance, etc.

Or there is creamed soap made by using both Sodium and Potassium Hydroxides with butters some coconut oil and stearic acid and low amounts of maybe olive oil. Usually made by hot process like a HP Liquid Soap, but then treated differently after the cooked period is done. The soap you linked to doesn't have a good mix of oils to give that creamy silky creamed soap that you are looking for and also won't hold the creamed soap texture you are after.

If you want to have a go at making Cream Soap with the two lyes do a search here and you will find a lot of good information to get you started.

There is a nice tutorial here for making creamed soap: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/a-cream-soap-tutorial.49652/

7. Feb 6, 2019 #227

Clarice

Clarice

Clarice

Right. That is the one from which I created the PDFs attached in earlier posts here. Thanks.

8. Feb 13, 2019 at 6:20 AM #228

Guinevere

Guinevere

Guinevere

Thank you Lindy. It’s so very special when y’all share your wealth of information.

Guinevere

9. Feb 13, 2019 at 7:43 AM #229

Relle

Relle

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic Staff Member Admin

Lindy hasn't been here in years, so won't likely see your post directed to her.

10. Feb 13, 2019 at 12:49 PM #230

Clarice

Clarice

Clarice

Thank you so much!

I was able to order a booklet by Catherine Failor from The Sage website - it is a photocopied booklet, 40 pages long, that contains 5 recipes as well as Failor's instruction. I learned a LOT from it already, and am eager to make one of the recipes.

THANK YOU!