A cool article on how water-discounting effects cp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeetime

Reaction score
That is incredible! I actually was more impressed by the second experiment she did with the swirls. This opens up a whole new world of ideas for me. Oh boy, I think I'll do my own experimenting with different water discounts now. I never really thought about it being a design technique but she certainly proved it can.

Thank you for that article!

Wow CoffeeTime! This is amazing info! I also hadn't thought of various water amounts being used as design techniques, now I will. :D Also, the ash conclusion was another "a-ha" moment for me. I get ash more times than I don't which I always related to the low humidity levels in my area. By reducing the water, I reduce the gradient between ambient air humidity and the evaporation speed from the soap which may decrease the ash formation. In the last month we've had a significant amount of rain keeping the humidity higher and my ash is almost non-existent. I'm going to have to start playing with water ratios now.

This is a day of a-ha moments and thinking outside the box for me. I love it! Thanks again CoffeeTime, great article! :thumbup:

This is awesome, I'll have to try a pink swirl once it cools enough to soap again. I wonder if using natural colorant will produce the same results.

I'm way too tired to be able to read this now, but Auntie Clara is the best!!!

Back