3D mosaic soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my. I can't even imagine trying that let alone achieving such perfect results.
The dedication of some of you soap makers is astounding!

I think Tienne's got it--like the way you make a checkerboard cake, only with soap. Way too advanced for me but those are PERFECT!

I think Miha's idea about the red cubes cut and lined up then white batter poured around them is part of the key. In the first picture, you can see a couple of the cubes are not touching each other but the white is perfect in between, which makes me the think the red was placed and the white poured. I don't see that in the other side though, not do I see any bubbles and the layers are perfectly aligned. It is possible the OP did another layer once the white was set, or they might have cut, moistened and set the other layer on top as Tienne suggested. I don't think this was done with dividers though. The lines are too crisp and perfect. Very cool.

I would do this by pouring a half a loaf of the red, then cutting it into strips.

Place 2 strips in the mold, then pour white to the top. Place 2 more red strips, pour the white. You would have to work very carefully and the white would need to be at a medium trace.

Back