3D mosaic soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this is awesome !!! Very nice soap. I also want to know how did you do that?

I can't even wrap my head around this one. How is this even possible? It's like one of those brain puzzles that I hate so much. It's stunning, so please tell ...

amazing! I too wanted to know how in the world you did such a thing! :D

I really do not know how that soap was made, but I imagine that if one cuts red cubes and places them in the mold, and after that fills the rest with white batter, or white cubes, and repeat that process a few times and then gell the whole thing ... might get something similar... or who knows?! We have to try :D:D right? It must be a "rebatch" of cubes because one can not pour perfect edges... :) correct me if wrong :p

I would make the soap in a red ED mould with dividers in and pour the two alternating colours in the divides. (= 4 vertical stripes.) Then, when the soap was unmoulded, I would slice the soap horizontally into 4 sections. Then I would place one of the sections back in the mould, wipe it with water to make it moist and then turn another section over (=upside down so the colours alternate on the next layer) and place that on top, moisten, then put another section back in and then again turn the last section over and then I would put the whole thing in a warm oven to meld the slices together. Then I would unmould and cut the soap into bars as usual. That's how I would go about it. :)

ETA: If you wanted the soap in two layers, then I would cut the bars in half thickness and turn every other soap and then moisten and meld.

If you don't have a mould with dividers, you could do the same thing by making a 4-layered soap. If you're not that good at making extremely straight layers, (like me) you could pour the soap in 4 parts. Pour one layer at a very light trace to make sure the top is completely level, let it set, then mix and pour the next layer and so on. Then when you've unmoulded, you'd slice the sections by cutting vertically down the length of the loaf instead of horizontally. Swap the pieces around, moisten, put them back in the mold and so on.

Bump! Another intriguing soap from this soaper, this one comes from early 2014.

Back