1st lotion bar ever

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First ever lotion bar

Ok thanks to Lolly 58 and Liz Flowers I have now added lotion bars to my addition!! Here is the first batch, I pour into my mini soap bar mold and it worked great!:p

lotion bar resize.jpg

Last edited:
O you are so right! :thumbup: I used Shea & Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, and beeswax with some peppermint EO. But the cocoa butter really over powered the peppermint so next time I know more EO.

Or you could try de-odourised cocoa butter if you don't want to up the E.O. Have you used it yet? how does it feel? The reason I ask is because I am struggling with too much greasiness with my bars at the moment and I'm starting to wonder if its possible to even get a non-greasy bar.

Mmm I too am a hater of lotion but a lover of lotion bars. I experimented with my recipe and it didn't turn out so well lol. It's ok and feels great but they're a little bit softer than my previous recipe so even a slight rise in room temp and I think these babies would be too soft or almost melted.

My favorite winter recipe is 1 part Shea, 1 part Cocoa Butter, 1 part Coconut Oil, and 1 part beeswax (I live in N. Indiana, and we get a lot of dry, cold air!). My other go to recipe that is a bit drier, is 1 part grape seed oil, 1 part coconut oil, and 1 part beeswax.

Mmm I too am a hater of lotion but a lover of lotion bars. I experimented with my recipe and it didn't turn out so well lol. It's ok and feels great but they're a little bit softer than my previous recipe so even a slight rise in room temp and I think these babies would be too soft or almost melted.

Since it was my 1st time I just did the basic 1/3 butter, 1/3 oil, 1/3 beeswax.
I don't think they are greasy, but every bodies different. I can tell you I have "mature" skin and it seems to go in nicely.

I've also only made the 1/3 kind - usually I do cocoa butter, coconut oil, and beeswax. Liz the grape seed oil sounds yummy - I'll definitely have to try those. I wonder how hazelnut oil would work?

Back