Solid Perfume

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskat22

Reaction score
I was watching some tutorials on youtube, one was just a melted scented candle put in a locket. *shudder* I've got coconut and sweet almond oils, as well as beeswax. Is it really as simple as choosing a carrier oil, adding beeswax and scenting it? (Obviously with something skin safe!) Anyone have any other recommendations?

I do 1/3 butter, 1/3 oil and 1/3 beeswax or candellila wax and add FO.

easy recipe from www.fromnaturewithlove.com:
3 parts oils (I like coconut oil)
2 parts beeswax
1 part fragrance

gently melt & pour into lip balm pots

they used candle wax in the locket so that it would not melt if it got warm and drip all over her blouse...lockets were mostly used as scent emitters, not perfume carriers...many women would dab a few drops of their favorite scent onto a piece of cotton or tissue & tuck it in their lockets.

Last edited:
I imagine that's how it used to be done, but the video I watched on youtube wasn't intended that way. I ended up doing a half and half blend of beeswax and oils (coconut and sweet almond in equal parts) they're alright, though it does seem like I went light on the fragrance. I made 4oz of base (to fill 4 1oz tins) and used 80 drops of EO (Lavender in one, a mix of lemon/sweet orange/peppermint in the other). I guess light is always better than heavy in this case though.

that sounds about right, really...nothing is ever really carved in stone...the more beeswax used, the less f/o "ooze" during higher temps... as temps increase, the beeswax softens a bit and allows for more scent release...have fun with your "scenties." i'm finding it a lot more fun than soaping as you don't have to fret if your scent will react to lye! (and all the rest of the trauma that goes with cp soapies!)

Latest posts

Back