Hand soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:( No, I really want to though. We have a mechanic friend and neighbour and I'd really like to make him some... No kerosene for sale in smaller amounts around here. I don't want to buy and store a drum :?

Man, I wish I was going to be home this weekend. I really want to try this now. Maybe I can talk my mother in law into letting me lug all my soap stuff with me the 4 hours to her house and then making soap with me. XD

Hi everyone, so glad to have found this site :D Loving it so far!!! :D

I have a question, I've been soaping for around 10 years, but was wondering if I was to do a 100% Coconut Oil soap, would it be socially acceptable to my customers instead of using the Palm oil, and would the soap be hard enough for the stain sticks ?

I've not made a 100% hard CO bar before, but have made it for laundry soap or gloop as we call it. It cleans well, but sometimes leaves the clothes a little "grey" even when I add Borax.

ETA: Instead of the Kerosene would Eucalyptus Oil be a viable substitute? I have plenty of that hanging around but no Kerosene.

TIA!
Cheers,
Shadowdancer

shadowdancer said:
Hi everyone, so glad to have found this site :D Loving it so far!!! :D

I have a question, I've been soaping for around 10 years, but was wondering if I was to do a 100% Coconut Oil soap, would it be socially acceptable to my customers instead of using the Palm oil, and would the soap be hard enough for the stain sticks ?

I've not made a 100% hard CO bar before, but have made it for laundry soap or gloop as we call it. It cleans well, but sometimes leaves the clothes a little "grey" even when I add Borax.

ETA: Instead of the Kerosene would Eucalyptus Oil be a viable substitute? I have plenty of that hanging around but no Kerosene.

TIA!
Cheers,
Shadowdancer

Hiya Shadowdancer, I only just saw you here. Do you want me to send you a 100% coconut oil soap to try, so you can see how hard it is? I made the last batch on the 10th April. I'm still loving the Body Masque that you sent me. :D

hiya right on back Bubbles Galore...

Oh yes please, that would be awesome!!! :D I just want to see just how hard it is, and if it's what I want for a stain stick... something Im finding I am needing now that hubby is back doing his usual polishing etc in the Stainless Steel industry. :S Hate doing that washing!!!

Cheers and thanks soooo much.
xo

Latest posts

Back