Where do I find these ingredients

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to make a soap with these ingredients: Collagen, Sericin, and Chitosan, and Nano-Silver with Silica. Does someone know a realible supplier? Thank you. It's for seborrheicdermatitis

I’m not sure I would use nano silver. It just seems so expensive.

Collagen may not even last through saponification and to be honest, it’s actually better to ingest collagen than to apply on skin.

You could just add silk to the lye water to get some sericin in your soap.

I would just use neem oil in soap for seborrheic dermatitis. Much safer and cheaper to get.

I have no advice on chitosan.

Last edited:
Where do you live ? the world is a big place, can't help unless you say what country your in.

One of the top sources of collagen is beef. Rather than using a collagen powder in your soap, why not try using beef tallow; it makes a fantastic soap. The ingredients you're asking about may be better in a leave-in product rather than soap, which is a wash off product.

And, I agree with @AliensrReal about neem oil in soap.

When I put this list of ingredients into google, I see information about high-tech treatments for wound repair -- ingredients that are infused in a bandage or a salve and are left on the skin for some time.

I’m not sure I would use nano silver. It just seems so expensive.

Collagen may not even last through saponification and to be honest, it’s actually better to ingest collagen than to apply on skin.

You could just add silk to the lye water to get some sericin in your soap.

I would just use neem oil in soap for seborrheic dermatitis. Much safer and cheaper to get.

I have no advice on chitosan.
Thank you. Used neem before it did not do much

Where do you live ? the world is a big place, can't help unless you say what country your in.
Hi, thank you. I live in Holland

One of the top sources of collagen is beef. Rather than using a collagen powder in your soap, why not try using beef tallow; it makes a fantastic soap. The ingredients you're asking about may be better in a leave-in product rather than soap, which is a wash off product.

And, I agree with @AliensrReal about neem oil in soap.
Yes, there is someone who is recommending using need tallow. But have tried dozens of soaps over the years and soap with those ingredients did the trick.

I agree with @Misschief.

Also, remember that silver is a metal, and metals tend to cause rancidity in soap. Another option would be a syndet bar, rather than a true soap.
Yes, but somehow this was best for sebderm. Even no use of moisterizer after I have a look into sunset bar

Yes, there is someone who is recommending using need tallow. But have tried dozens of soaps over the years and soap with those ingredients did the trick.
Are you sure it was actually soap (oils + sodium hydroxide), or was it a syndet bar (made with synthetic detergents)?

A lot of the recipes for syndet bars are labeled as "shampoo bars." However, they are quite effective and gentle for washing the body, as well.

When I put this list of ingredients into google, I see information about high-tech treatments for wound repair -- ingredients that are infused in a bandage or a salve and are left on the skin for some time.
Yes that's correct.

Are you sure it was actually soap (oils + sodium hydroxide), or was it a syndet bar (made with synthetic detergents)?

A lot of the recipes for syndet bars are labeled as "shampoo bars." However, they are quite effective and gentle for washing the body, as well.
These are the full Ingredients:
This were the ingredients of the 2011 COR Soap
Palm Oil, Glycerin, Aloe, Avocado, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, CSC Compound, Pomegranate Extract, Squalene, Patented Nano-Silver with Silica.

Hmm. If that is a true soap, it is missing a few ingredients, like sodium hydroxide, for instance.

Can you share anything about CSC compound? I wasn't able to find anything about it online.

Hmm. If that is a true soap, it is missing a few ingredients, like sodium hydroxide, for instance.

Can you share anything about CSC compound? I wasn't able to find anything about it online.
"CSC Compound: Collagen, Sericin, and Chitosan comprise the uber-compound unique to Cor"
I found it on their website: https://corsilver.co.uk/product/cor-silver-soap-trial-size/

@martin van rossum I really think they've done a good marketing job on you. Have you tried just making a simple cold processed soap? You will find it's much kinder to your skin that most commercially bought soap. Then when you do get some of these fancy ingredients - use them to make a lotion. Soap is only on your skin for a second, and then it washes off so it's waste of expensive product if you choose to put it in there.

Great detective work there, @KiwiMoose! I agree, their marketing is pretty slick. I couldn't find any complete ingredient list for the soap. They have all kinds of medical claims in there, so I'm guessing this is probably not a true soap, but a syndet bar.

Great detective work there, @KiwiMoose! I agree, their marketing is pretty slick. I couldn't find any complete ingredient list for the soap. They have all kinds of medical claims in there, so I'm guessing this is probably not a true soap, but a syndet bar.
Hi, this were the ingredients mentioned on the backside of the package, 2010 in the UK. This is the formulation which did tackle seborrheic dermatitis on my face completely. I remember it foamed when I did apply.

"CSC Compound: Collagen, Sericin, and Chitosan comprise the uber-compound unique to Cor"
I found it on their website: https://corsilver.co.uk/product/cor-silver-soap-trial-size/

@martin van rossum I really think they've done a good marketing job on you. Have you tried just making a simple cold processed soap? You will find it's much kinder to your skin that most commercially bought soap. Then when you do get some of these fancy ingredients - use them to make a lotion. Soap is only on your skin for a second, and then it washes off so it's waste of expensive product if you choose to put it in there.
Hi, I had this soap as the only single product I did try for facial seborrheicdermatitis and erased it completely. I guess it.s the combination together with nano silver. But thos ingredients were mentioned on the package. I am not sure which ingrediënt is responsible in these for foam. But it felt really soft. Yes I could also create a lotion. But I really don t know how to find the suppliers for those ingredients. Best

I spent os much on all different kinds of soaps nothing seems t work. There are several fungi and bacteria responsible according latest research. So my aim is to have this one. The 2010 edition

According to chat gpt it says that the foam is created by these ingredients: Palm oil, glycerin, and chitosan are ingredients that contribute to foam formation in soap.

Unfortunately I can t stand sodium hydroxide it will push sebderm

According to chat gpt it says that the foam is created by these ingredients: Palm oil, glycerin, and chitosan are ingredients that contribute to foam formation in soap.

Unfortunately I can t stand sodium hydroxide it will push sebderm
Notice that it says those things contribute to foam formation IN SOAP. None of those things will create foam without on their own.

Palm oil, if mixed with sodium hydroxide (aka caustic soda, NaOH, lye), will become soap, and there will be no sodium hydroxide left if that process is completed correctly. But it still has to be listed as an ingredient if what you are using is an actual soap - because you can't make soap without it.

We are trying to tell you is that the ingredient list is not and cannot be complete. Either they left out the sodium hydroxide, or they left out some other type of foaming synthetic detergent, or both.

Umm, I just googled Seborrheic Dermatitis. It is a quite complicated condition. I would see a Dermatologist rather than trying to make up something with ingredients that are difficult to even find. Seems like a much better plan.
Have been to several, to no available long term sustainable treatment

Notice that it says those things contribute to foam formation IN SOAP. None of those things will create foam without on their own.

Palm oil, if mixed with sodium hydroxide (aka caustic soda, NaOH, lye), will become soap, and there will be no sodium hydroxide left if that process is completed correctly. But it still has to be listed as an ingredient if what you are using is an actual soap - because you can't make soap without it.

We are trying to tell you is that the ingredient list is not and cannot be complete. Either they left out the sodium hydroxide, or they left out some other type of foaming synthetic detergent, or both.
I see under the soap the header lists Key Ingredients. That tells me there are missing ingredients.

Have been to several, to no available long term sustainable treatment
You are correct, this is an immune response in your body. I am no Doctor, but I can tell you what I have researched. You are having a reaction to Malassezia yeast. You have oily skin. Sunshine is a great benefit so go outside and enjoy it on your skin. Take of your clothes where you have affected areas. (Probably need someone to help you figure out privacy.) It is often caused by stress & fatigue. I don't know where you live, I am assuming Australia. (koala bear) ? Anyway, I have a skin disease that is also an auto immune response in my body. I have great lotions from my Dermatologist. However, just in a little glance about your skin issue, if it were me, I would try Aloe Vera Gel. I would get my hands on Antifungal products, Corticosteroid lotions, and sulphur products. This skin condition has been well researched.

You will not be able to locate all the ingredients you think you are looking for to create a "miracle" for your skin. This is a long term condition and it may never go away. You will need to manage this with over the counter lotions, creams, and more than likely a steroid medication prescribed by your physician.

I know it's hard but we learn to manage what life throws at us. I hope you get the help you are looking for. :dance:

To add to what @Firefly24 stated, you may also be experiencing dietary triggers, or triggers from other products such as laundry soaps, shampoos, etc.

A naturopathic doctor may be able to assist you with going beyond standard allergy testing, or helping you design an elimination diet that would be appropriate for you. Best wishes for finding your long-term solution!

You are correct, this is an immune response in your body. I am no Doctor, but I can tell you what I have researched. You are having a reaction to Malassezia yeast. You have oily skin. Sunshine is a great benefit so go outside and enjoy it on your skin. Take of your clothes where you have affected areas. (Probably need someone to help you figure out privacy.) It is often caused by stress & fatigue. I don't know where you live, I am assuming Australia. (koala bear) ?
Smf, does not endorse any medical information given by non qualified members. Please do not assume - this person is in Holland, (a koala is not a bear).

Latest posts

Back