What's for Dinner tonight ? What are you having ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And we had no leftovers -- husband and sons ate the whole thing in one sitting.

LOL It's always amazing how quickly husbands & sons can hoover back an entire spread like the one you put together. That's awesome...I am still drooling like a puppy thinking about your roast beef dinner šŸ˜

Now I am wondering if my neighbour might have some elk roasts available for sale....YUM! Nothing more organic than freshly butchered forest meat! šŸ˜‹ Time to send an email requesting fresh meat! šŸ˜Š People can take that any way they choose to LOL

More prawns tonight, stir-fried with some organic mandarin orange skins, broccoli, beans, carrots & shallots over a bed of brown basmati flavoured with finely chopped, sun dried tomatoes & powdered wild mushrooms I picked last year....such an amazing way to flavour rice!

We just did quick and easy pasta and meat sauce with a side of raw veg before dashing out the door for Youth Group. We didn't even have any bread to go with it. I needed to get it on the table and consumed!

There was a big church event yesterday and the organizers were kind enough to leave all the leftover desserts for the teens to snack on tonight.

This is the original recipe:
https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/plantation-ham-pie/717688
But, we are lazy people! The main thing is the cream of chx, milk, ham, veg of choice. Bring it up to a simmer. Instead of fancy rolled biscuits, we just do drop biscuits. Otherwise, amounts, oven temp, and cook time are about the same. I use a Dutch oven (or other pan that can go directly into the oven) to heat the soup mixture so I don't have to transfer it to another pan.

If the taco soup is the famous WW one, we converted it into the base recipe for chili by replacing some or all of the diced tomatoes with crushed tomatoes.
Looks good! I'll definitely try it thanks!

For tonight I have just put in the oven a chook to bake and some spuds, as for other veg I'll see what I have, maybe some carrots and peas.

Latest posts

Back