what will happen if I wait longer to unmold soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsanders

Reaction score
I just found out I'm going to be out of town when I should take my soap out of the mold. It says 2 days, tomorrow, and I will be gone till Sunday. Should I take it out today or wait?

I usually unmold my soap the next day. I have left it wrapped in the freezer paper after taking it out of the molds for as much as a week or so when I've had a rush and it doesn't seem to hurt.

I take mine out the next day as well. I can't seem to wait & I like cutting it when it is softer.

You can wait for a significant amount of time before taking it out of the molds and there will not be a problem. (unless you are doing a salt bar, or something else that just could not be cut later)

I had a family emergency and left it in the mold a couple weeks, with the top open. No problem.

But, you can generally get it out sooner also, as stated.

It really depends on your recipe. I can't cut mine if I wait to the second day. I always use cocoa butter and sodium lactate in my soaps, and both contribute to a hard bar. If your soap oils are softer, you will probably be fine.

Back