What happened to Zany_in_CO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrayGrants

Reaction score
Just as the title says, what happened to Zany_in_CO? Where did she go, and was there some sort of falling out? I went to go send her a message a while back and it says there is no such user. If anyone could shed some light on this subject.

I've learned that any time I see that message "This user's profile is not available" or something like that, it means that this person is no longer a member of the forum.

Mods really cannot share private details about other members or former members. While we all want to know what happened (are they still alive? did they flounce out the door? were they removed?), that really wouldn't be respectful to the person who isn't here.

Last edited:
She was a great addition to this forum and sure helped me in the beginning! I think a lot of us will quite miss her!

There was a post she left about soap labels and she had her info on it. I was actually tempted to send a card or call since she messaged me directly early on when I joined. Hope all is ok. 🌸🌸🌸
If you do, please give her my regards, and tell her I miss her! Marla

I think people just get involved with other things and get busy with them sometimes. I stopped soaping for seven-ish years and then came back to soaping and the board. I still do a lot of searches here and wonder what happened to people I knew from my first stint who used to post a lot (and thus seemed like regular voices in my life then, if that makes sense.) I miss them, they all had such distinct voices.

I also wondered if she is ok. I noticed a few weeks ago tha I hadn’t seen her as much. And the next day she posted lol. So she was ok. I haven’t seen anything of her since. If you’re watching Zany-in-Co we’re thinking about you. ❤️

I really thought she posted in the thread about older thin skin. I must be mistaken. I can’t find anything from her past December. And now I gotta go back and read about old people smelling like persimmons and bananas. I’m 63. I need to know these things.

I really thought she posted in the thread about older thin skin. I must be mistaken. I can’t find anything from her past December. And now I gotta go back and read about old people smelling like persimmons and bananas. I’m 63. I need to know these things.
They don't. I know a lot of people in their 70's, 80's, some 90's.. they don't all smell the same, nor any of them smell like those things. "Old people smell" may be a cultural idea, or maybe an urban legend. If it's referring to a smell in a nursing home, that's a hygiene or housekeeping issue.

They don't. I know a lot of people in their 70's, 80's, some 90's.. they don't all smell the same, nor any of them smell like those things. "Old people smell" may be a cultural idea, or maybe an urban legend. If it's referring to a smell in a nursing home, that's a hygiene or housekeeping issue.
If you want an ingredient to help counteract that "old people smell", try trehalose. It's a sugar but it apparently helps if you use it in a cream/lotion. And, it has been shown that the smell is actually the breaking down of some components in the skin of older people.

Seriously; I know elders in my church, other churches, people that I see in town. I have friends & relatives in their 70's - 90's.

If people of any age smell like decomposing skin, their living conditions and/or health need help: a better nursing home, access to laundry, help with bathing, a visit to a doctor.

I thought a while back Zany had made a "by the way" post that she was stepping away for a while but didn't want to discuss the reason.
Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else 🤷🏼‍♀️

I think *some* of the “old people smell” is from products they use. Certainly not all but some for sure.

I think *some* of the “old people smell” is from products they use. Certainly not all but some for sure.
I was thinking the same. When I made the statement I had been reading a post from Zany because we were wondering if she was still on here. I ended up on the thread from Old Thin Skin. Persimmon oil was mentioned in that thread. And somewhere in it is a mention of bananas lol. It all made me think of my dad who is 85 and it made me think of my grandparents. And I’m getting older. lol None of them have or had bad smells about them. My grand mothers both loved Jergens cherry almond body lotion. One grandmother used ponds cream cleanser on her face. One grandmother cooked pintos every day. (Cooking smells on clothes. Not after effects 😂) Unless she was cooking a soup in the winter. My grandpa chewed tobacco. All those things contributed to their particular smell. That was their “old people smell” to me. Nothing bad. But I do realize when a persons health starts to fail they might not be able to take as good care of themselves. When I pass on my old children read my notes and go hmmm…Trehalose and persimmon oil. And they’ll go down the rabbit hole too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back