What happened to Zany_in_CO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been contemplating the past few days if I was going to comment on this. I want to start by saying that I am glad Zany is ok and she was definitely a wealth of information. I learned a lot from her.
Several years ago I was on the receiving side of a not so nice post from Zany. She basically “ripped me a new one” for several things I said in one of my very first posts (maybe the first). It was over the top. I recognized the value of the group so I didn’t leave but I also didn’t participate for a really long time, (maybe a couple years?). Occasionally I see established members being a bit harsh in their replies to new members and I try to counteract those with something kind and encouraging as we need both our new members and our established, more knowledgeable members. Sometimes there are members I choose to not engage with directly as I know it will be hard for me to temper my irritation. I have great respect for our moderators and appreciate the (very difficult) job they do.

I'm the one that posted that she has been permanently banned. I got this information directly from Zany the day it happened. I'm on my way to her house today in fact.
I did not post anything about this until the question has been asked and did not provide details.

Edit: if anyone would like to reach out to her, ping me privately and I will provide her email address.
@Kcryss i don’t need Zany’s email address but if you don’t mind letting her know that I think of her with gratitude always when I’m using or sharing her recipe, I’d appreciate it! Thanks

I have been contemplating the past few days if I was going to comment on this. I want to start by saying that I am glad Zany is ok and she was definitely a wealth of information. I learned a lot from her.
Several years ago I was on the receiving side of a not so nice post from Zany. She basically “ripped me a new one” for several things I said in one of my very first posts (maybe the first). It was over the top. I recognized the value of the group so I didn’t leave but I also didn’t participate for a really long time, (maybe a couple years?). Occasionally I see established members being a bit harsh in their replies to new members and I try to counteract those with something kind and encouraging as we need both our new members and our established, more knowledgeable members. Sometimes there are members I choose to not engage with directly as I know it will be hard for me to temper my irritation. I have great respect for our moderators and appreciate the (very difficult) job they do.
@Tammyfarms , I appreciate your perspective and your willingness to share it. Before all this, it didn't even occur to me that someone reads all these posts to ensure that the forum remains positive and productive. This is an amazing forum. I think I've gained an appreciation for the moderators job and the work they are doing.

I have noticed that Zany and Gecko have been absent for a little while. Am not sure what happened, but I’m sure there must have been a good reason.

We all need to remember that we all started off with zero experience in soap making. We need to have patience and understand that some people have a steeper learning curve than others when it comes to making soap. Encouragement goes a long way and so does an apology if things are taken out of context. Of course you do get the people who are like “give me a recipe and tell me how to make soap now!”

I want more and more people to make soap as it’s so fun and relaxing. So, I try to share some words of wisdom as this hobby can be very overwhelming for many.

I don’t envy the moderator’s job. This board has been overall a positive and friendly atmosphere. I’ve been on boards that were negative drama. I really appreciate being someplace where people are just nice to each other. I’m sorry Zany is gone, but if it’s the overall good then that’s how it should be. But I am sorry it came down to that. I also appreciate that even though that happened it’s been drama free. No one has said anything unkind, just sad she’s gone and that’s how I wish life was all the time.

Be excellent to each other! ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back