What happened to Zany_in_CO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, I didn't say it was decay..... I said that there are components in the skin that start to break down (it isn't decay). It happens to all of us. I can remember walking into my father-in-law's apartment and the old people smell was overwhelming. He liked his space warmer than we were comfortable with and he rarely, if ever, opened his windows. Apart from that, he was always well-groomed, and showered regularly; he was just elderly and his suite had that very recognizable "odeur".
My mother, and herssuite, on the other hand, didn't have that same smell and we couldn't smell it on her at all. She was almost 90 when she died.

Well that’s terrible. I can’t imagine what happened to cause that. I hope if there was more than one person involved they were all suspended.
I just now read this thread.
Wow, that really is terrible if Zany has, in fact, been permanently suspended. I, personally, found her extremely helpful and supportive. She never made me feel stupid for any question I asked. Although this is a hobby for me, I did notice that she always offered information on the commercial aspect if anyone asked. Many people might be afraid it would cut into their own business if they encouraged new businesses.

Are there some rules somewhere that tell us what is forbidden to say or do?

I find it upsetting that a knowledgeable and helpful person would get kicked off this site. Really, this is upsetting.

I'm sorry, y'all. The person that said Zany is permanently suspended is not an admin or mod. If they were, they would not be able to discuss this.

If they got the info from Zany herself, it needs to be posted as the information source. And if it was from her, then you need to remember that there is more than one side to any story, and you will never hear it from the mods and admins here.

Last edited:
Like everyone else I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it is good for the board to have civility rules that are strictly enforced, I think. There was another active soap/B&B board called the DISH which was very active a few years ago. A huge amount of collective knowledge and experience, an enormous learning resource. I liked it there and learned a lot. But it was a pretty rough and tumble place, you had to have a thick skin to survive there and I think it was actively unpleasant for people who did not.

It vanished when I was taking a soaping break, so I don't know what happened exactly, but I think the general level of friction must not have helped. When it imploded so much great information was lost, I really miss that resource still. I don't want this place to go anywhere.

Personally when I make mistakes (usually just annoying ones!) I have received a private email from the mods, so assume this must have happened in this instance as well. I miss Zany's posts as well, but am not going to second guess the mods' judgment, as their hard work has kept this place running successfully for longer than any other soaping board and I would be a different soaper without it.

Last edited:
I'm the one that posted that she has been permanently banned. I got this information directly from Zany the day it happened. I'm on my way to her house today in fact.
I did not post anything about this until the question has been asked and did not provide details.

Edit: if anyone would like to reach out to her, ping me privately and I will provide her email address.

Two things to keep in mind:

1. We don't see or know what goes on in PMs between other members, which might have been reported to mods.

2. Public posts that are inappropriate are often removed quickly by mods, before they are seen and expanded upon.

This means that, for the most part, we only see the nicest things that other members might have said, and not the negative ones. I appreciate that because I've heard so much about the caustic atmosphere of The Dish forum, and I'm really glad it isn't like that here.

Last edited:
Rules are posted here. The TL,DR version is to be nice, don’t name-call, don’t bicker, and adjust your behavior if you are warned (which per the rules will happen privately in most cases).
@AliOop , thank you for the link to the rules. They were pretty long but your summarized version seems pretty straight forward. Generally, I'm pretty straightforward, and I usually say what I am thinking. And I question alot.
Sometimes, I think I was born with a question mark in my head. Thank God for google, no need to wonder anymore - well, except now we must wonder if it is good or bad info we're getting on the internet. Anyway, I digress...
I personally think this is an amazing resource, with great people that are super willing to help. I'm a fairly inexperienced soaper, I've only made 9 batches (13oz batches). So, at this point, I'm definitely a beneficiary and not a grantor... That said, I hope I don't offend anyone. Thanks for letting us know what happened to Zany. She'll be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back