What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Constant Soaper

I begining to think that i cant keep up with the soap demands..

So far Im making batches everyday..

Recently I added.. Sea Kelp and Aloe soap.. which is moving fast.. The soap feel like silk.. I must say that When i use it I want to keep soaping my skin with it.

It is 100 coconut.

I begining to think that i cant keep up with the soap demands..

So far Im making batches everyday..

Recently I added.. Sea Kelp and Aloe soap.. which is moving fast.. The soap feel like silk.. I must say that When i use it I want to keep soaping my skin with it.

It is 100 coconut.

That is great! Where do you sell your soap?

I got to order stuff tonight! And I had a bigger budget than I thought I did... I ordered a ton of micas from Nurture, and vanillin and orange peel wax to try out in soaps (I'm planning to use the wax on my new dining room set, too) and quite a lot of essential oils and absolutes (though only a few of those are for soap, most are for perfumes) and an impulse cutter and a roll of shrink wrap film (gonna leave openings on the sides for the soap to breathe). The essentials should all fit into the train case I got for them (and that I already have most of my bottles in). *rubs hands together gleefully*

I am trying to decide if I want to choose a single soap recipe and master batch some oils for 3 or 4 batches. I've not master batched oils before so I'm just not sure if I want to do it or not. I'm off for another roadtrip next week, so I'm giving some thought to soapy travel again. Then when we get back I will have SoapCon to attend & I very well may want to make soap on that little trip, too. I wonder what the challenge is going to be for September. That would help determine what supplies I may want to bring along. But of course, I need to leave room in the car for my husband's luggage as well. No decisions yet, just thinking about it for now. But I if I'm going to do it, I need to decide soon.

ETA: I also washed my hands with one of my May 2017 Challenge soaps, then remembered it's a Castile and won't be sufficiently cured for several more months. So back to the curing room it goes.

Last edited:
I made my first ever shaving soaps. The white one is Songwind's recipe, the yellowish one is from http://bubblelovesoap.weebly.com/blog

ShavingSoaps.jpg

Those should both be very nice shaving soaps! I like to add my superfat after the cook, usually cocoa butter and shea butter, occasionally lanolin for a friend of mine.

I got my curing shelves lined with plastic mesh, and was able to condense my soaps a bit. I have three shelves empty! Not for long... I'm also going to be doubling my shelf space soon. I ordered another set of the racks I'm using, and will (I think) install them on the back of the door. Should be enough room for the two sets of shelves to not tangle.

Last night I made some whipped rebatch soap, inspired by annalee2003. I did not get fancy like annalee, though. I just wanted to see how it would work, so the soap is plain old beige in color (because I used lightly colored and non-colored soap scraps). I'll cut it later today and see how it turned out.

ETA: Cut a couple bars. Smooth! Even did some stamp testing on one bar. This is a really smooth looking way to rebatch. The only problem I can foresee is that it will take even longer to dry; dare I say cure? The bulk of the soap I used was made over 6 months ago, although a tiny portion of the scraps were from newer soap, so I suppose curing time is still a valid issue. But in order to be able to whip this soap, it seems more liquid is needed than I normally use in a rebatch. Last time I used this much liquid, the soap got so deformed during the drying/curing time than I was not pleased. Guess I'll wait and see.

Once I finish cutting and trimming and maybe even stamping, I'll get some photos just for the record.

Last edited:
annalee that is a lot of lard!

I made Melt and pour soapy cupcakes! Bit I really need to work on my baking skills!

Well, the colours are pretty!
It sure is tricky. I think maybe practicing with icing is a possible cheap alternative but then, once you've mastered the art of piping (is this possible for everyday people?) you have to master the art of consistently getting the perfect trace for soap piping. Sigh! :mrgreen:

We have been experimenting a little. We just finished a batch of that looks great for upcoming holiday. Half the soap is citrus orange, the other half is a coffee espresso with coffee grounds as an exfoliate. The combination of the Orange essential oil and Espresso Essential Oil is surprising good.

We are going to continue experimenting a little with a chai tea soap with ground cloves. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Last night I made some whipped rebatch soap, inspired by annalee2003. I did not get fancy like annalee, though. I just wanted to see how it would work, so the soap is plain old beige in color (because I used lightly colored and non-colored soap scraps). I'll cut it later today and see how it turned out.

ETA: Cut a couple bars. Smooth! Even did some stamp testing on one bar. This is a really smooth looking way to rebatch. The only problem I can foresee is that it will take even longer to dry; dare I say cure? The bulk of the soap I used was made over 6 months ago, although a tiny portion of the scraps were from newer soap, so I suppose curing time is still a valid issue. But in order to be able to whip this soap, it seems more liquid is needed than I normally use in a rebatch. Last time I used this much liquid, the soap got so deformed during the drying/curing time than I was not pleased. Guess I'll wait and see.

Once I finish cutting and trimming and maybe even stamping, I'll get some photos just for the record.

Aw, I'm happy that I inspired you!

Yeah mine was kinda soft and spongey when I cut it (I probably could have waited a bit longer to unmold it, heh). I was really surprised at how easy it was to melt everything down though! Definitely going to use that method to rebatch soaps in the future!

Possibly A New Store To Supply

I received a phone call today from a store owner in a town about 30 miles away. It is called Downtown Antiques & Home Furnishings. They just opened up about 3 months ago and are looking for a soap & Candle vendor. I have an interview with him tomorrow morning at 9:30. If everything goes well this could be my 3rd store to supply product with.
On another note I took a rare day off from making soap and canned 14 jars of Peach Salsa. All homemade vegetables out of our garden, except I had to purchase the peaches.

IMG_2615.jpg

Well, the colours are pretty!
It sure is tricky. I think maybe practicing with icing is a possible cheap alternative but then, once you've mastered the art of piping (is this possible for everyday people?) you have to master the art of consistently getting the perfect trace for soap piping. Sigh! :mrgreen:

Thanks! No tracing involve in those as they are melt and pour! :)

But is harder to pipe that soap batter.

Ooooooooo! How did you make those imbeds?

Sorry if you've already answered. Could not hold my excitement.

My apologies, did not see your comment before .... Is an silicone ice cube mold. Got mine on eBay.

I have star trek ice cube molds, scrapbooking stamps, t-shirts, figurines, cards, key chains ..... oh boy. And I like to sew at times, and I made my own embroidered star trek delta signs too! :mrgreen:

And I always have my morning coffee in a star trek mug ......

Latest posts

Back