What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is directed to the Aleppo soap makers, Reinbeau and Shunt....just wondering where one could get some laurel berry oil without having to donate a body part?

I tried a Frozen inspired soap using CP with MP through it. Happy how the 'ice' set which is clear MP with ultra fine blue and holographic glitter. Fragranced with Lily of the Valley. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1429999868.733475.jpg

this is directed to the Aleppo soap makers, Reinbeau and Shunt....just wondering where one could get some laurel berry oil without having to donate a body part?

I got mine in a co-op purchase in a facebook group. That stuff is expensive even via a co-op. I paid 21.00 a lb plus shipping. I don't plan on selling it unless I don't like it. I made it today and will cut tomorrow and put it away for 6 months. I used 27% of the laurel oil. It has some oil spots on top, hoping they will soak back in.

BeScented had the best price, the sale seems to be over, here is the link. I got mine from the same co-op Shunt did, I think. I did get more from the BeScented sale.

I feel like a child at Christmas, I'm so excited. I made Irish Lass's liquid soap, which is like liquid gold and Lindy's cream soap which I just have to whip this morning. I'll post photos in a bit. It's my first time making either of these and the recipe's worked beautifully. My thanks to both of them for posting the tutorials.

I used my £50 Gracefruit voucher from the spin swirl challenge, got:

5x 50ml FOs: cherry blossom, dragonsblood, fairy dust, love potion, yuzu
500g stearic acid
500ml neem oil
50g pink French clay
100g green French clay

It felt so frivolous to spend so much on soaping supplies in one go!!!

Nice choice of fragrances Sonya, I have tried the fairy dust and love potion and liked them both, hold their scent afterwards too. Also got their pink and green clay and no complaints. Try their lavender and Amber its really good, it's my husbands favourite in 100% coconut bars.

Not frivolous at all, that's what the voucher is for....to spend, spend spend.

8 batches of soap unmolded waiting to be cut. Peach Magnolia Raspberry, Cherry Almond, Aleppo, OMH, Cracklin Birch, Bite Me & Mango Sorbet. 8 more ready to mix, waiting on my lye.

Beautiful soaps and lovely fragrances. Just wish I lived in The USA so I could buy some!

I made lotion again per Lindys tutorial. There is something truly zen about making lotion, you can stick blend away without the worry of batter/lye landing on you, choose oils and butter suitable for your skin, in fact I find the whole process very relaxing. If you have not tried making lotion, what are you waiting for.....

My first attempt at a loaf soap with colors. I was trying to make it look like a pineapple but the piping did not go as planned. I'm hoping the darker color on the outside will resemble the pineapple skin and the yellow will be the flesh. The FO accelerated and riced on me so I wasn't able to do my original plan but I figured this wasn't too bad for a first attempt.

Can't wait to cut it and see how it looks inside.

IMG_0424.jpg

I don't know about the colors (not showing up that well on my screen), but the piping is gorgeous.

Thanks! I actually cook more than I bake. This was my first time piping anything frosting/soap. I was trying to get that spiky effect that I saw in Kevin Devine's Apollo soap video but the batter wasn't cooperating.

It's not a very good picture. I'll post an update when I cut it. Hopefully the colors come out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back