What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me it smells better in soap?!?

Urgh!! Just rubbed my nose and I had it on my finger!! It's really not pleasant is it?!?

Last edited:
I have never used it, honestly. I just hate the smell so much I cannot bring myself to try despite the alleged benefits. When I have researched, the folks that like it say that it cures out to a large degree. But in-your-face oil on a phone, I feel for you.

I have never used neem in soap, but I do use it on my roses to control mildew and aphids -- it's really quite an effective pesticide for the garden. I can't stand the smell, but I'm gradually getting used to it. If neem in the garden = neem in soap, then I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pass on soaping with it. :)

I'm kind of feeling that way with the Bay Laurel Oil. I made my Aleppo type soap this weekend and was putting it on my curing racks and it smells like Pea Soup to me. I love pea soup but......

I wrapped up a bunch of cured soap to put out at this week's board game night. @_@ There's a lot of soap for a hobbyist! lol So now I just need to print out labels/bands for it, and the shave soap (second picture). (And for reference--there's four of the half-pint jars, they're just stacked on top of each other.)

Next soaps on my list: soap for the alternate liquid swap, a batch for my aunt's SIL, and a batch of salt bars. At least. lol

003_zpstimzej3p.jpg

001_zpsmn24wmt2.jpg

I have never used neem in soap, but I do use it on my roses to control mildew and aphids -- it's really quite an effective pesticide for the garden. I can't stand the smell, but I'm gradually getting used to it. If neem in the garden = neem in soap, then I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pass on soaping with it. :)

Neem oil is only pesticide in my flower beds, and my veggie beds :)
It is also effective as a fungucide, even the problematic nail fungus can be cured with it, takes long time though

BTW I had cut my Rose Kaoling and buttermilk soap and I love the looks of that, will post the pic when I get home:))

Cut my wonky attempt at making a pineapple soap. You can see the TD specks :-( Next time, I think maybe just doing a spoon peak top will give a decent spiky look. The piping was just too much but overall not too disappointed at my first loaf soap since I had some ricing and acceleration.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
So excited, I ordered one of Buds new metal soap cutters. I've been using the multi-bar wire one my husband made me three years ago that has been awesome but my volume has increased and with his I had to cut my loaves in two, to then be able to cut them. Now I will be able to save a bit of time and just slide it through. Cannot wait. Might have to sell my well loved one.

So excited, I ordered one of Buds new metal soap cutters. I've been using the multi-bar wire one my husband made me three years ago that has been awesome but my volume has increased and with his I had to cut my loaves in two, to then be able to cut them. Now I will be able to save a bit of time and just slide it through. Cannot wait. Might have to sell my well loved one.

If you decide to part with it, consider someone close! (Like ummm.. Lansing! LOL)

I've been eyeing up the bud cutters but the postage to the UK is too much

I keep doing the same. I look at it regularly but £50.00 postage is too much!:cry::cry:

Last edited:
That is expensive. My husband offered to make another one, he's a machinist but then told me Happy Mother's Day. He already works 60 hours a week so doesn't have a lot of spare time. He's already made all my molds and displays etc. I'm pretty fortunate.

I keep doing the same. I look at it regularly but £50.00 postage is too much!:cry::cry:

It does seem excessive, I just posted a 5.5kg parcel worth £700 to Finland - not as far I know but heavier and worth more - and that was only £40

Latest posts

Back