What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying more buttermilk because I did not get my soap made earlier this week and the buttermilk I was going to use has now gone off. I am going to make my pear soap this weekend, I solemnly swear (like a sailor). Other endeavors have been trying to catch up on forum reading as I haven't really been here in 2 weeks. I have a laundry list of behind the scenes tasks to do as well: Photos, listings, newsletter, and bookwork. Meh, I'm boring.

My love affair and experimentation with lotion bars continues. Tonight I made a small 3 oz batch with 1/3 each of castor oil, shea butter, beeswax. Plus many drops of vitamin E oil, tea tree EO and lemongrass EO. I've been researching the anti-fungal properties of castor oil and EOs. Now I just need a name, ANTI-FUNGAL LOTION BAR just doesn't have a nice ring to it.
Antifungal in the Jungle!

Such pretty colours!

Thanks :) The blue & green weren't quite the shades I was going for, guess I'm going to have to make more soap :D

@midnightsoaper - what is soap dough? Is that it in those pretty colors? In another thread neatness was discussed - I think you win the prize!

Ha, neatness! You should have seen what it looked like after I moved them to the cutting board that I forgot lol (they're too floppy without a solid surface underneath). I won't forget again :)

Soap dough is just soap with a playdough consistency. After setting up, its wrapped in plastic and sealed up so the moisture doesn't evaporate while it cures. It's what I used to make the planets in my galaxy soap and the stones for the February challenge.

Last edited:
made 2 batches aloe vera soap. was going to try CPOP but my oven seems to be real wacky on the temps. so put the boxes on them and covered with towels. just gave them a quick check and they are mostly gelled so now I need to leave them alone. I need to line my new slab mold and get it ready for tomorrow. I figured since its gonna snow I am going to make soap. oh and enjoy mounds bar cocktails!! let the storm begin!!

made 2 batches aloe vera soap. was going to try CPOP but my oven seems to be real wacky on the temps. so put the boxes on them and covered with towels. just gave them a quick check and they are mostly gelled so now I need to leave them alone. I need to line my new slab mold and get it ready for tomorrow. I figured since its gonna snow I am going to make soap. oh and enjoy mounds bar cocktails!! let the storm begin!!

Recipe for Mounds Bar cocktail, please

Buying more buttermilk because I did not get my soap made earlier this week and the buttermilk I was going to use has now gone off. I am going to make my pear soap this weekend, I solemnly swear (like a sailor). Other endeavors have been trying to catch up on forum reading as I haven't really been here in 2 weeks. I have a laundry list of behind the scenes tasks to do as well: Photos, listings, newsletter, and bookwork. Meh, I'm boring.

Stuff's gotta be done. That behind the scenes stuff is a killer. I used to have a website for the jewelry I made and some other stuff, and the photos and listing write-ups and paypal linking and yadda yadda, aaarrghhh! It was a second full-time job. I'm sure You are Not boring!

Ever make your own buttermilk with milk and vinegar?

Unmolded unscented and uncolored faux sea water bars. The color is an unappealing off white.

One of the edges broke off from sticking to the cavity mold. Will try oiling mold next time. I wonder if only mineral oil is acceptable for greasing molds.
I use Pam when I use my plastic molds. Works great and vaseline also works

Well, I’ve been thinking through parenting adult children and needed a distraction, so... I guess you call this a modified mantra swirl.

Colors: white, deep periwinkle, matte teal, black
EOs: grapefruit, anise (yes, trying it again) and lavender
9A57D0C8-1B63-462C-B212-953185CFD0C9.jpeg BC724858-8A9F-4A96-96A7-29FD2DED6E89.jpeg
053FD313-BBEC-438F-BEB9-809294A33475.jpeg

Well, I’ve been thinking through parenting adult children and needed a distraction, so... I guess you call this a modified mantra swirl.

Colors: white, deep periwinkle, matte teal, black
EOs: grapefruit, anise (yes, trying it again) and lavender
View attachment 37356 View attachment 37357 View attachment 37358

oh come on you love the anise just admit it!!! love the swirls and the contrast. I am just getting ready to do my tall and skinny half and half again but it isn't going to be anywhere near as fancy as yours. your scents sound amazing. but where are the blues?

oh come on you love the anise just admit it!!! love the swirls and the contrast. I am just getting ready to do my tall and skinny half and half again but it isn't going to be anywhere near as fancy as yours. your scents sound amazing. but where are the blues?
HOPEFULLY there’s teal hiding in there. And periwinkle. We’ll see after gel.

I haven’t tried my tall mold yet. Wish I’d thought of it for this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back