What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I made 3 1# batches with natural colorants of alkanet, madder root, and turmeric

Attachments

• CP three Soaps.png
    CP three Soaps.png
    355.9 KB · Views: 27
Tropical Beach Sunset!
My failed ombré soap looks ok if I give it a title such as this.
And because it smells like frangipani it works on so many levels.
Signed,
Not So Disappointed Kiwi
View attachment 37212 View attachment 37213
Your soap is beautiful, it looks just like my morning sunrise on this very cold Southern Ohio morning, Beautiful.

Good job.
How much of each colour at did you use and did you just add it to your oils?
Thank you, I have my colorants in olive oil that has been infusing for 6 weeks and longer, I add 1 tlbs ppo in these I added the colorant after trace, I sometimes do add the colorant before the lye solution.

I wanted a bit more distinction between the natural and the lime ( yes there are two colours in there) but I had to work quickly because the mixture was thickening up. That's the second time when using coconut milk that it thickened. Do ya think it's the coconut milk hurrying things along? Last time I blamed the FO, but this time I used a different one that doesn't accelerate.

its hard to see the coloring cuz of the glare off of the saran wrap but I think I can see 2 shades--did you use coconut scent? where did you get some that wont discolor--or did you use coconut milk and lime scent?

Latest posts

Back