What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is on my to-do list for the near future, but I have not started looking into it yet. I imagine there will be a thread or forum area on that here somewhere? Can I re-use store bought tubes or do I have to buy new ones? I feel as you do -- I want to make as much of my own care products as possible!
If you're using the lip balm just for yourself, I don't see a problem with reusing tubes. However, I'm making these to sell so I use new tubes only. Even though I've been making lip balm for a long time (close to 20 years), I've never considered selling it. I'm really happy with my recipe (it's the only lip balm my daughter uses) and I think it's time to share the goodness.

View attachment 37051 View attachment 37052
I’m so happy with these. I tried the Clyde Slide pour method (YouTube) for the first time. Fragrance is Brambleberries cinnamon cocoa. These are soleseife using more of my collected sea water from the last full/blood moon in January.

Those are really cool looking, and I'm still so jealous about your full/blood moon sea water!! ;)

I've never seen a mold like that, what is it called? I like how they reinforced the silicone pots by placing them within a sturdy surround. (I'm at a loss for the vocabulary of all this, so I'm making it up as i go.)

Oh, @KiwiMoose , you just never stop. This is gorgeous and I can't wait for the cut. Black and anything really, right?!

That's @Dawni 's line, heh heh. :D (If you saw my closet, you'd know my line is black and anything black.)

Haha! I took a brief hiatus. Good to be back!

You were probably exhausted from your extensive marketing posts!! Nice to see you. :)

I turned out my cinnamon and spiced mahogany goat milk soap today - smells gorgeous - nice for men I thought.

Like your soap but I really have to comment on how you staged that photograph! Do you have a website that you sell soaps on? Just guessing because it looks like you might have done that before. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's @Dawni 's line, heh heh. :D (If you saw my closet, you'd know my line is black and anything black.)
My closet is mostly black too, with a few dark blue and maroon, and one or two each of olive and red for my "bright" moods lol I don't own a single white top, have to grab from mom or sis if I need one.

Soapy thing.. Rebatched soap crumbles from some cleaned up soap in the microwave, and it fit exactly half of one recycled margarine tub. This one's going into the other bathroom shower (not the one I use) once it cures lol

Not necessarily soapy but I'll be making some lip balm today for tomorrow's market. It should be a fun one.

Do you use beeswax? If so do you get from a local beekeeper? I went to a beekeeping meeting on tuesday was about how to make stuff like lip balms i had a sniff of the polish she makes and it smells amazing far better than the beeswax i bought online i have a hive but only the one but they didnt produce enough wax for me to use and no1 wanted to sell me beeswax when i asked the club :( what i want to know is can you taste the honey in the wax if its locally harvested without as much processing

I made another batch of Ginger Lime Sugar Scrub today. It’s been my best seller so far. One lady told me that she doesn’t use makeup any more because it leaves her skin so bright and glowing. I use it too and I don’t needn’t shaving cream anymore as my skin is so smooth the razor glides right over my face.
0538E868-E9E9-41B9-B66C-B6E0DFAE9289.jpeg

Do you use beeswax? If so do you get from a local beekeeper? I went to a beekeeping meeting on tuesday was about how to make stuff like lip balms i had a sniff of the polish she makes and it smells amazing far better than the beeswax i bought online i have a hive but only the one but they didnt produce enough wax for me to use and no1 wanted to sell me beeswax when i asked the club :( what i want to know is can you taste the honey in the wax if its locally harvested without as much processing
Yes, I do and yes, I get it from a local beekeeper. It's really nice. Helen (the beekeeper) has a home business where she sells her honey, candles, wax, and more. I can't say that I can taste the honey as I've never tasted it but I can certainly smell it.

Yes, I do and yes, I get it from a local beekeeper. It's really nice. Helen (the beekeeper) has a home business where she sells her honey, candles, wax, and more. I can't say that I can taste the honey as I've never tasted it but I can certainly smell it.

Sounds good i need get meself a supplier sorted there should be plenty in the club but i think alot do swap for the foundation for thier hives. Smell is good enough can hardly smell the honesy in the wax i bought online its definatly beeswax think its just been filtered so many times.

Update no soaping today just having a chilled evening after having a bit of a stressful day

I turned out my cinnamon and spiced mahogany goat milk soap today - smells gorgeous - nice for men I thought.
That looks so lovely and creamy @Aquamarine56. I take it you don't gel? I must admit the ungelled soaps are looking very appealing to me. But given our humidity and temperatures here at the moment I don't think it's an option - we have limited freezer space and i think it would just be too stressful for me to try and 'control' the soap. Que sera sera.

I very rarely wear black - I love bright colours and wear a lot or orange, green, and patterns. Even my car is orange!

Those are really cool looking, and I'm still so jealous about your full/blood moon sea water!! ;)

I've never seen a mold like that, what is it called? I like how they reinforced the silicone pots by placing them within a sturdy surround. (I'm at a loss for the vocabulary of all this, so I'm making it up as i go.)
I ordered them from Ali Express. Just search silicone stone molds. They are pretty floppy but pretty affordable.

I got bored of cleaning and notice had no more shampoo bars left so ended up making some with the melt and pour i bought a while ago for making more it was a different brand because i couldnt get the brand i got first so going to have to see if they are ok

Back