What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't done much soaping since last February, so decided to start preparing my Christmas stock today.

I made an unscented batch with Olive, Coconut, and Castor oils, and another batch with 100% Lard, sugar (1 Tbsp ppo), and Tahitian Vanilla scent. The lard soap is for my daughter's bath, as they last much longer than my other soaps. It was a great way to dive back into soaping. :thumbup:

HUBBY has been busy promoting. He's so good at opening those doors! Several businesses in our small town had open houses yesterday. One lady owns 2 of them and as it turns out, a third is owned by her sister!

I was taking soap samples to the lady that owns 2. One is like a B&B except that you rent the whole house, like for a family event. They leave snacks and easy breakfast items. It is a beautiful old house! I know she will be a customer. She is deciding what scents she wants from samples I took to her. I also suggested that she buy big bars to sell because her clients will want to take them home.

Her sister owns a flower shop with lots of decorative items and jewelry, etc. She was so excited to hear about my soapmaking so I took samples back to her, too.

The coffee shop was also having an open house. I already have soap curing for her! Went in and had one of her YUMMY Elvis smoothies!

The coffee shop was also having an open house. I already have soap curing for her! Went in and had one of her YUMMY Elvis smoothies![/QUOTE said:
I have to know, what's an Elvis Smoothie? Banana and Peanut Butter? Or is it simply all-shook-up in a way that you-can't-help-falling-in-love with it? Don't-be-cruel, tell me... I-gotta-know.

Pics when you cut it please :) Wish there was smell-o-vision :grin:

As requested! Please pardon the rough cuts!

IMG_5561.jpg

-Made a Cracklin Birch Secret Feather batch, a 3-color HP batch with additives (I've decided that 3 colors in a HP batch is my limit!)

And walked a friend through her very first batch of soap! (a 2 lb, HP with 2 colors and a chopstick swirl, fragranced with Gingerbread Cookie) We now have a new soaping addict on our hands. LOL... expect her in the forum soon!

Made 4lb batch of Beach Breezes soap. I usually make it work melt and pour but I tried this time doing cp. I hope my "sand" (oatmeal) base turns out okay.

I finally cut my soap and I'm stuck pondering why both my beer-lard soap as well as my cocoa butter soap were both really soft. I practically left the latter in the mold for more than 2 days and I still had trouble popping it out. I'm thinking that my new technique will be scrapped as it may be too cool (literally) to use.

Latest posts

Back