What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a little cappuccino wizzer after my last batch had too many dissolve TO bits :(

Pic of the last batch included: my first time experimenting with soap calc to find a Palm oil alternative. Smells delicious, clean cotton scent.

1411715584392.jpg

KatieShephard said:
Good luck with the brush embroidery...I've never heard of that before. Can't wait to see pics!

neeners said:
you now you're going to HAVE to post pictures, right???

No way, no how, never!!! Oh my goodness- it was such an epic fail that I didn't even have the heart to take pics! I don't even think the National Enquirer would want pics of these, even if I paid them!

Note to self: Stick to swirls...truly! :lol:

IrishLass :)

Made the melt and pour recipe from the oilandbutter blog. I'm going to see if I can unmold it later and make some embeds

I have successfully made a plain-Jane HP honey soap using CO for the SF. The best part for today is the easy clean up for another soap... maybe. :)

Made a shaving soap paste with beer. Lathers fantastic even if it does smell bad from the beer concentrate.

I have to agree, beer concentrate adds a lovely lather to a soap.

Banging my head trying to make an autumn tree soap. Tried twice and not happy with results and not sure I want to try again. Who wants to have a ton of soap around made of the same basic colors?

Also got my BB order today, so wanting to play.

Bought 2 more curing shelves and masterbatched my lye/water for the weekend. Shooting for at least six batches over the next two days.

Cut my salty mariner salt bar. As of yet I can not tell the difference between salty sailor and salty mariner which makes me very happy.

I did fall asleep before cutting my salt bars so they were crumbly at the ends but hubby made a new cutter for me that saved most of the loaf luckily.

Yep! :) Hair is suppose to have a similar effect as silk and I figured that it's better to try that than die from curiosity. I'm in between jobs, so buying silk is out of the question for now...

Hmmm... and here I have been trying to keep all the dog hair out!

I made is for the first time. I'm intrigued. I love my bar soap, but still have been going to bbw to get slower gel for bubble bath.

Well, I had unexpected, but welcomed company today so I only got one batch done. I tried to get too fancy (4 colors) with HP and I have gaps. I'm pretty good with 3 colors so thought, why not? *sigh*

This means I will need to get 5 batches done tomorrow to meet my goal of 6 batches this weekend. I dunno... Planning them out now...

A batch of soap and some tooth powder!

I made a pumpkin soap with cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger EO's with a pumpkin pie spice pencil line. Crossing my fingers the pencil line doesn't break it :)

Then I remembered that I hadn't gone to the store to get some toothpaste. But I said screw it, I can make some. So I found a recipe, here.. Added some spearmint, tangerine, and tea tree EO's. Tasty!

Back