what should i do?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubato456

Reaction score
i got an order on etsy saturday nite for 6 bars of soap. one was a mix and match sale for 3 bars, they were supposed to tell me in notes to seller which bars they wanted. no instructions were left. then they ordered 3 bars separately. they have not paid for the order. it's monday morning. late saturday nite i sent a very friendly email asking if they were going to pay via paypal and if they were not i did take a personal check. i also convo'd the same message. i have heard nothing and it's Monday morning. i looked the person up in the phone book on line and she lives in NY city so there are at least 3 phone numbers that are close, though none of the addresses are an exact match. (zip is off a few digits) should i call the numbers and see if i can reach her.....or just let it drop and if she doesn't respond or pay via paypal by wed cancel the order....which means i just don't fill it.....or is there something i need to do on my end on etsy to cancel the order.

thx

I place a lot of online orders and most have a policy stating if you don't pay within 7 days the order is canceled...

I don't think I'd go calling from the phone book.
People get busy, rude, but it happens.
Give it a day or two, if you don't hear anything I'd do as Dagmar suggested and cancel the order.

I would email her one more time with a deadline that she must pay by or you will cancel her order. I probably wouldn't give her more than a day or two, in my experience if people don't pay in a timely manner they have no intention of paying no matter how long you give them.

i thought i'd post a postscript to my message. the buyer did call me this evening. apparently she has never ordered anything on the internet before and was confused and duplicate ordered. she is to send me a personal check and i sent her an adjusted invoice.

Back