Using whisky or other spirits in CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigtommiek

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im wondering whether it is possible to use whiskey or similar alcohol content spirits as the liquid for making a batch.
Would this have any effect on the process? If so, does anyone have any idea of how to get a mild-medium whiskey scent into a soap?

Cheers
Tom

If I were going to do it, I think I'd boil the whiskey a little to get the alcohol out.

I'm pretty sure you won't get much whiskey scent into the soap. You'd have better luck if you could find a whiskey scented fragrance oil.

KnowWhat said:
If I were going to do it, I think I'd boil the whiskey a little to get the alcohol out.

I'm pretty sure you won't get much whiskey scent into the soap. You'd have better luck if you could find a whiskey scented fragrance oil.
This.

If you search for "whiskey", there's been several discussions about it.

Here's a link to one I remembered.

http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16949

eta: I forgot to mention I have tried vodka in a batch. I boiled it down to remove the alcohol but there still must have been some in it because it accelerated but not too badly.

I can't say I noticed it did anything for the soap so I consider it a label appeal additive.

HTH

Thanks guys, I put about half a cup of whiskey that had manuka wood chips soaking in it. It accelerated it quite a bit, but I was fast and managed to get it into the molds and it worked perfectly.

I'd use it like this:
Take a shot.
Make the soap.
Drink the rest.
:D

Ugh, I'm new and this was my first mistake. I added spiced rum on a whim to my pumpkin spice cp soap (with the water, mind you) and the soap seized immediately! Definitely boil out the alcohol. Lesson learned.

On another note.... it did add wonderful scent.

Back