Can you make cold process soap uv resistant.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Soap Fam ,

Ive been sitting here thinking . Ideas are always on my mind to keep pushing the boundary of soap making with cool new ideas .

I know sunscreen is a leave on product . Ive also seen balms/lip balms with " sunscreen in them " or something to protect from the UV .

Now it got me thinking about natural soap. And if it possible .

Does anyone have any ideas or has done anything similar before ?

Im trying to create a tattoo aftercare cold process soap bar. I feel something that can protect against UV raise would be fun and amazing .

Kind regards.

I know sunscreen is a leave on product . Ive also seen balms/lip balms with " sunscreen in them " or something to protect from the UV .

Now it got me thinking about natural soap. And if it possible .
No...because soap is a wash on/rinse off product.

Ditto. You rinse soap off. I like your idea of tattoo care. I don't know anything about tattoos but I'm wondering if a balm or lotion bars would be appropriate? I made a pine tar salve that works wonders on insect bites and poison ivy. Also, kukui nut oil is AWESOME on sunburn. Some folks think that raspberry seed oil helps with sun protection -- it costs a gazillion dollars so definitely not for soap making, I'd use it on leave-on products.

Latest posts

Back