Using small molds- guest size, etc.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticmoon

Reaction score
I have a question on using some of the single cavity molds and guest size molds with a few cavities. I would love to try using one of these. I am looking at:
3D mold, 1 cavity 3"x3"x1.1875", 3.9 oz
Guest Silicone Mold, 5 cavities, 2.5" x 1"

First of all, how would one use a one cavity mold without just making a teeny tiny batch?

Also, do you use the same mold batch size formula that is as a sticky post here on this forum for the 5 cavity guest size mold?? The website that I am looking at it on doesn't show the volume of each cavity.

I am thinking about these for both soap and lotion bars...

I use the WSP guest mold for making small round soaps and they're very nice. It has 6 cavities which are 1.5 oz each.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Pr ... uctID=7826

I make a batch slightly larger than I want (approx. 9 to 10 oz) and pour the extra into the mold and the rest into a log mold. I do the same for a single cavity mold.

I wouldn't use the same mold for soap and lotion bars. It might be better to have one specifically for soap. On the positive side, WSP has a big sale right now on silicone molds.

Back