Suggestions for Having Labels Printed & Design Help?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will add one thing to this thread. If you'll be printing them at home, Publisher is fine. If you're going to be taking your file(s) to a print shop, be aware that not all print shops support or even have Publisher installed on their systems. Save as or export to pdf. Actually, it's a good idea to export to pdf anyway, once you have your label finalized.

Good Morning My Fellow Soapy Friends!
I am at that stage where I have been printing my labels myself but now need to graduate to the next level of having them printed professionally. Could also use some design help. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get this done without losing my shirt? I have been looking at different options but all are so expensive! I'm willing to put the money out, but I'm just curious as to what others do...
I use Vista print. I get 24 1.5"round product labels for "4 plus shipping. I usually have a bunch of different labels made up at once.

I have been printing my own on sticky labels, but wanted to try something new. The cigar band idea is good and I have seen it before at craft markets, so I am going to try that with my holiday soaps.

Hmmm. Yes, good point. I guess I'm thinking my printer isn't good enough. I did buy a laser color printer for this purpose but maybe I just don't have the right labels. I'll have to investigate further.
Thank you!!!

The thing about printers for home use is that sometimes the printer can’t accommodate the thickness of the paper and the labels don’t come out that great. If you can find a way to adjust your print settings your labels might be just fine.

I buy blank labels from online labels like a lot of people have mentioned. I also lay out my own labels and save to pdf and then use acrobat to print my labels by page number to maximize my label sheet. Avery online can do this as well with printing a certain number at a time. Check out printplace or smartpress which are better online printers than vistaprint. I work at an advertising agency and we print thousands of brochures and postcards, etc professionally.
IMG_3631.JPG

These are my labels printed on kraft paper from online labels from my HP Laser. I trim them down and stick them on muslin bags my soaps are in and they work fabulously. I was so tired of taping the ends of my cigar bands.

Good day friends, I did my cigar bands by following a link on this forum, I am pleased as I am just now learning soap biz., I am so glad that I joined this soap making forum group

Latest posts

Back