Success! It smells good and looks good

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skatergirl46

Soaper on wheels
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tweaked one of the recipes that I made to make it gentler. I was thinking about winter when my skin feels so dry after showering that I have to cover myself in lotion. I hate that! So this is what I came up with:

OO Pomace 30%
Lard 30%
CO 15%
Cocoa Butter 10%
Castor 10%
Shea Butter 5%

SF 6%

I added Sweet Orange EO and some Bentonite clay that I had left over. I also added some red and some yellow colorant.

The soap calc. numbers are:

Hardness 38
Cleansing 10
Conditioning 58
Bubbly 19
Creamy 37

Here is a picture:

Looking forward to my shower today. Going to try out the little ball that I scraped from my crock pot after I made this.

Thank you. :) I'm happy with the recipe too. I had to try some today. My skin is super soft after using it.
I just got my Brambleberry shipment yesterday evening with my Red Apple FO in it. I think I might need to make another batch now. The soaping bug has bitten me. :cool:

Those look nice. I just got a sample of the red apple fragrance from BB in my order. I'm not much of an apple person, but it smells great; everyone in the fam likes it a lot.

Looks great! I wish I could smell it!

Oh...I've smelled sweet orange EO. I was mixing up your OP and your reply about the FO. It's too late to be up reading forums! Lol!

Last edited:
Looks good, make your own soaps will give you a sense of accomplishment,
the color is great, I wish I could smell

Love the color, looks like red wine!

If you want to modify still further for the winter months, try upping the superfat. I typically soap at 8-10% SF and no DOS.

Love the color, looks like red wine!

If you want to modify still further for the winter months, try upping the superfat. I typically soap at 8-10% SF and no DOS.

I will try that judymoody, thanks for the suggestion!

I'm really loving this bar. Now that it has had some time to cure it's really good and firm and has a lovely lather.

Latest posts

Back