Soaping Room

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foresthome

Reaction score
How many of you have a separate soaping room? I would be interested in what that space is like and what you consider a "have to have" item in it. My husband is talking about converting one of our extra rooms into a soaping room for me in the future and I am curious as to what people have.

i have one and i posted pics of it in the photo gallery. for me, i needed a big working space, and storage. i also have a convection oven in there and water access right outside the door.

I don't have one, but would love one lol! I would say definitely curing racks and storage space :D

I have a table in my laundry room, a corner of the unfinished basement. I think a sink is a have to have item. Other than that, I have a little hot plate and a microwave. My husband hung a piece of pvc tubing from the ceiling, horizontally, and put hooks in it so I have a place to hang my utensils above the table. I have two storage shelves part of which are used as curing racks.

I just finished converting my unfinished bathroom in the basement to my soap room. I am now attempting to get a table and hot plate in there and I will be done. I mainly needed the space to store all of my packaging, oils and curing racks.

I posted pictures last week of the progress we had made....I am in love with it.

Storage! And high tables/counters. Stainless steel mixing table. Shelves, shelves and more shelves. Deep laundry sink and floor drain.

Mine is a work in progress. I'm never done. Recently DH added leggs to my cutting table to bring it to a more comfortable counter top height.

He increased my curing rack by 33% and added shelves to the closet where I keep unopened boxes and pails of butters and ingreds.

Last weekend he built a workbench for me in the garage. The bottom half store my market stuff, cart, tent, chairs and signs. The top holds my boxes of packaging, labeled so I can grab what I need and see what I have.

All office stuff is in the office. Not in the soap kitchen.

I'm almost there, but not quiet.

Here's how it looks now.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/legg-famil ... 802606533/

OMG!!! Deda, I would die for your soap room! I am just starting on mine (still need to install tile floor and drywall) but now that I have seen yours, I am back to the drawing board!! Love it!

Oh, I wish! I live in a 1200-square-foot house (if that) and I soap in my 4x10' kitchen (including counter space!) My equipment gets stored in the bathroom closet, and my curing racks are on top of the living room bookcase. Soaping today took 2 hours... 1 hour to soap and one hour to transform the kitchen area before and after soaping.

I would want... lots of storage, good air flow, running water, an mp3 player station up on a shelf, and a small window so it didn't feel like a dungeon.

i am sooooo, soooo envious!!! you are soo, soo fortunate!

my SO is a carpenter/builder, and the last thing he wants to do when he gets home is to build something for me and my soaping. consequently, my kitchen is my soap room :(

Deda said:
Storage! And high tables/counters. Stainless steel mixing table. Shelves, shelves and more shelves. Deep laundry sink and floor drain.

Mine is a work in progress. I'm never done. Recently DH added leggs to my cutting table to bring it to a more comfortable counter top height.

He increased my curing rack by 33% and added shelves to the closet where I keep unopened boxes and pails of butters and ingreds.

Last weekend he built a workbench for me in the garage. The bottom half store my market stuff, cart, tent, chairs and signs. The top holds my boxes of packaging, labeled so I can grab what I need and see what I have.

All office stuff is in the office. Not in the soap kitchen.

I'm almost there, but not quiet.

Here's how it looks now.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/legg-famil ... 802606533/

soap room

You better believe that I am going to show my DH the pic of Deda's soap room. I was looking at an insulated heated office in our shop that has windows but no water. There is also an extra bedroom in the basement, with huge windows, close to a bathroom sink, basement fridge, and freezer. I have an extra oven to put in which ever room I choose. I am leaning towards the basement, but I think it will be awhile before I get it. More time to look at pictures of other's soap rooms while we are deciding.
Keep the pictures coming.

I have soap room envy . I have to use the kitchen to soap but store my supplies and soap in hall closet.If I won the lottery I would want a detacted building for soaping .

Deda, that is awesome!! I'm sooo jealous...

How spectacular! I have a 2nd small kitchen in my house, but with the dairy goats that is dedicated to processing goat milk.

For soap, I've taken over the "Blue Room" which is at the back of the house and has a bathroom attached. I need to get drying racks in there and everything in order. I need to find someplace else to stack the bales of milk jugs and give myself more room.

I already have one room dedicated to me for my office and scrapbooking. I think I'd be pushing it to get another. :roll: However, I'm lucky because we have a big kitchen with a huge island and a fair amount of cabinet space, so I can spread out on the island, and my soaping supplies aren't too far away. I can have several different soaps going at once. That's what I've been doing for the past two days - I'm on spring break, and I'm on a soaping binge!!

Geeeeezzzzz.... I've got SERIOUS soap room envy.

I soap in my kitchen but have a portable building that is my sewing room begging to be transformed to a soap room. Just what to do with all the fabric............

nattynoo said:
Geeeeezzzzz.... I've got SERIOUS soap room envy.

I soap in my kitchen but have a portable building that is my sewing room begging to be transformed to a soap room. Just what to do with all the fabric............

Use it to wrap your soap???? lol

natty,
I just moved all my soaping stuff out of my sewing room and into the basement store room. I was really worried about oil getting on my fabric and figured I better seperate the two hobbies. The nice thing is the basement is cool and dark for my oils, and I have a lot of room to take over with my soaping stuff, the bad thing is I have to go up and down the stairs about 3 times to gather materials and get them to the kitchen to make soap. I am considering it my work out for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back