Soap Cake - decorated

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
I am soo not a cake (or soap) decorator!! But at least now I can say I did it, and it was kind of fun!!
the dollups will hopefully fade to a light pink (the swirls on the indside of the cake did anyway) So we'll see...
I'll take another pic when I cut it - probably tomorrow night after work.
I made the "cake" part Friday morning and the "icing" this morning... I think it might have been better if I would have waited for the soap batter to thicken up a little more before trying, but I'll do that next time. :)
Not the best, but I'm not too disappointed. Let me know what you guys think... And if you have any suggestions, I'm open to them. I just winged it. LOL

100_0093.jpg

100_0092.jpg

welovesoap said:
Cute! Is it scented?

Yes, it's scented with Peaks Strawberry Rhubarb. I LOVE it - more rhubarb than strawberry, but such a nice fruity scent. :)

I'll probably cut it tonight after work...

Dragonkaz said:
Very cute! I'm impressed that you haven't over decorated ... something I have a huge problem with.
Trust me, I was tempted!! LOL
I tend to go overboard and ended up with way too much soap than what was necessary for decorating, so I slapped it in the cake mold again, and next time I make a plain white soap, I'll decorate that one. :)

Latest posts

Back