SMF Soap Challenge -July 2017 Mermaid Tail Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earlene, I was hoping that was just an error while I was making the survey. I'll see if I can adjust the size to remove the distortion! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Edit: image is fixed (hopefully!) someone let me know if its still an issue!

BattleGnome
, what colorants did you use?

I was shocked at the speedy morphing too, my test batch took a few days to turn. I blended more the second batch which seemed to push acceleration and for quicker cutting I put the second batch in a cold oven (don't think it gelled).

The yellow was buttercup mica from BB and the green was green chrome oxide, also from BB. My fragrance was Sunflower FO from BB (I have a weakness for their sample packs)

SunRiseArts, lovely greens. So how did you get the yellow and the pink in your base color? You mentioned green beans, but I am curious about the other colors.

I used micas. Green and pink :) Just separated a portion.

Thank you all, and for the person that I said something about thickness. yes, I did run out of patience waiting. I tend too always get my batter to pudding like, usually thick. I was avoiding that so I could do the on the pot swirls, and then for the life of me it would not thicken more ....

Everyone entries are just lovely. This was a hard challenge!

The very next best thing to not being able to participate in a monthly challenge is getting to see everyone's creations from the sidelines. I love the variance and color schemes of all the soaps and want to say well done, everyone!

Well, I was going to enter mine. On Tuesday morning my phone died. And the only uncut pictures were on it, so I couldn't meet the requirements. Here's a cut pic tho...

1501375601268.jpg

Mx6inpenn, that's a gorgeous soap!

There are a few people who haven't voted yet. I'll leave it open for about 30 minutes more and then announce the winners!

For next months challenge, I'll be posting the video/thread late in the day tomorrow. I puppy sat this weekend and I didn't have a chance to soap because they were very clingy and didn't know not to go into the soaping area. Safety first! Now that they are back with their family, I'll be able to safely make soap!

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and announce the winners:

1st: KristaY
2nd: Soapprentice
3rd: Dibbles

Congratulations! Everyone did a wonderful job! We had some close placing! The next months challenge will be posted by the end of tomorrow. Thank you for participating.

Congratulations to KristaY and Soapprentice. Krista, your soap was perfection and Soapprentice I loved your b&w swirl under the dark tops. You both nailed the technique, and I am surprised and grateful to have a place next to you both.

I thought everyone's efforts were quite wonderful. This was not easy, especially for those of us who are impatient soapers!

Thank you Galaxy! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve for August.

ooppps Sorry I am late and did not vote, I had a home emergency. Actually several. I am going through a lot lately. Hopefully I can save time to participate in August. I have been learning so much with these challenges!

Dibbles always the winner! :mrgreen: I am so jealous, that pink soap was to die for. Please send some! ha ha.

Latest posts

Back