SMF June 2019 Challenge - Rimmed Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MarnieSoapien, which of your photos would you prefer to be your entry photo when it comes time for voting?

FYI, you can change your mind up until the Entry Thread closes, just be sure to let me know.

I just posted my soap on the entry thread, but feel as though I have no idea how to really post pictures. Ok, I don't just feel that way, it's a fact. o_O

earlene, if the photo should be posted a different way, I'm all ears and can change it (well, I think)! Especially since it seems the other entrants on the thread so far have figured out a great way to do it!

Speaking of which, great entries so far! msunnerstood, I can't believe you managed to HP it!

I just posted my soap on the entry thread, but feel as though I have no idea how to really post pictures. Ok, I don't just feel that way, it's a fact. o_O

earlene, if the photo should be posted a different way, I'm all ears and can change it (well, I think)! Especially since it seems the other entrants on the thread so far have figured out a great way to do it!

Speaking of which, great entries so far! msunnerstood, I can't believe you managed to HP it!
Thanks! My fingers cant either lol. There was a lot of rapid patting and sweating but I was determined.

HowieRoll, it looks sort of like you used Snipping Tool to get a copy of the image from your media page instead of inserting the image using the image tool:
upload_2019-6-22_20-43-28.png

Then
1. adding the URL from your media file into the pop-up box, and
2. click Insert:

upload_2019-6-22_20-47-12.png

Once you've done that it will look like this:

full

Instead of having the tabs. I'm not quite sure how you ended up with the tabs in your image.

Anyway, that's the way to insert an image using the image tool at the top of the post window. If you want to fix the post with that correction for practice. go ahead. If not, that's fine, too. We do have the link under the posted photo as well.

Beautiful entries everyone! I don't think I will have an entry this month, life has just got in the way as it does, and I haven't even had a chance to attempt the technique yet

Thanks, earlene! When I added it before I used the camera icon (in the tool bar) and then clicked on the entry photo when the "your media" box opened. I'm not sure why it added it the way it did, and it seems every time I try to add a photo I somehow go about it a little bit differently (sometimes it's a thumbnail, sometimes it's not...). I appreciate your tutorial and will save these instructions for future use.

One other thing... so before yesterday I've never really spent time in the Media section of this website (bet you couldn't tell - lol), and this morning noticed there is a specific folder for SMF challenges. Should my soap photo go in there, instead (I just created an album yesterday and threw it in there)? Geesh, so sorry for all these elementary questions! Just trying to figure out the media section etiquette and ropes. :rolleyes:

Thanks, earlene! When I added it before I used the camera icon (in the tool bar) and then clicked on the entry photo when the "your media" box opened. I'm not sure why it added it the way it did, and it seems every time I try to add a photo I somehow go about it a little bit differently (sometimes it's a thumbnail, sometimes it's not...). I appreciate your tutorial and will save these instructions for future use.

One other thing... so before yesterday I've never really spent time in the Media section of this website (bet you couldn't tell - lol), and this morning noticed there is a specific folder for SMF challenges. Should my soap photo go in there, instead (I just created an album yesterday and threw it in there)? Geesh, so sorry for all these elementary questions! Just trying to figure out the media section etiquette and ropes. :rolleyes:

The Challenge hosts add soaps to each folder to ensure the links to Survey Monkey work. I will be adding yours and the others not yet added. We ran into some issues with uploading some images to Survey Monkey a few times, and this seems to be the best solution to solve that issue. But to answer your question, please keep your photo in your own album. If nothing else, it will help you get back to the Media section more often so you can add more photos of your gorgeous soaps!

The Challenge hosts add soaps to each folder to ensure the links to Survey Monkey work. I will be adding yours and the others not yet added. We ran into some issues with uploading some images to Survey Monkey a few times, and this seems to be the best solution to solve that issue. But to answer your question, please keep your photo in your own album. If nothing else, it will help you get back to the Media section more often so you can add more photos of your gorgeous soaps!

Thanks for the clarification, earlene!

Artemis, which of your photos would you prefer to be your entry photo when it comes time for voting?

FYI, you can change your mind up until the Entry Thread closes, just be sure to let me know.

I am so impressed with the work you all put into this challenge! For those of you who did not yet submit an entry, there are still 2 more days (+ a few hours) to complete your soaps and submit them.

Well I have made a rim, but haven't had time to fill it. It is currently sitting in a Pringle's can covered in plastic wrap. The rim leaves a little to be desired, so if I have time I'm going to make another one and fill them at the same time and hope they all hold together. Down to the wire - really poor time management and too much going on that isn't the least bit soap related.

Well I will probably miss the deadline but I am going to have a go at this nonetheless, I have three potential rims I just tucked into bed in the oven. So we shall see how they go

The Entry thread is closed and voting is open for the June 2019 Rimmed Soap Challenge. Thank you to all who participated and shared your experiences with this process. I know it was a hard challenge! The reported efforts here in this thread and the entries themselves showed real dedication to mastering this technique. I truly appreciate how much work many of you put into this month's challenge.

I have sent the link to the Voting survey to the 12 members who signed up to participate, along with the password. Please vote for your top 3 choices. I have extended the voting a few hours to 6:30 am Central Time on June 30th (2019) because I sent out the link to the survey so many hours later than scheduled. After the voting closes, I will announce the results both here and on the Entry Thread.

To those of you who did not submit entries but may wish to post your results (or failures) here, I am sure we would all love to see them and read about what worked and what didn't work.

After all, this thread will be referred to by future members who want to try and master the Rimmed Soap design. So let's give them all the support we can up front. Thank you, all!

I have an embarrassing confession, I have three beautiful rims, pliable, ready to mould

EXCEPT

I forgot to line my slab moulds and thus cannot get my rims out

:lol:

Latest posts

Back