SMF July Challenge - Clyde Slide

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of this Picasso painting...

Dang it Guspuppy, now I'm fixed on that bar with the weird face! It reminds me of album art from the 80's but I can't place which one it's from. I want to say Prince but my Google-fu is failing me at the moment.

download.jpe

My first and only attempt. The technique worked, the pattern is different than anything I had tried before. I had a lot of acceleration since ylang ylang is one of the EOs in the blend. The colors were from beer (Guinness), cocoa, rose clay and the red mica I received in the swap. Since I could not use the stick blender, some of the clay and mica remained undissolved.

The colors are too dark for good contrast, but we like our beer soap! I do not use Ti oxide but this would be a good place for it. I wont call it a failure since it is great soap and smells amazing. We call this soap and EO blend 'drunken Goddess' and it is a favorite for us.

ClydeSlide1.jpg

My last attempt is much better than the one I already posted. I deleted my original post and entered my official entry.

Well, since today is the last day to post an entry, I'm not going to make it. The craziness of life has gotten in the way of soaping the last couple of weeks. I just hate that! I'm definitely going to try this technique again because it was really fun. Thank you for hosting the challenge this month Sonya and I'm sorry I crapped out on it!

To everyone that's posted an entry so far: You guys did great work and should be so proud of yourselves! They're all seriously amazing which means voting is going to be SO difficult....again.... :)

Well, since today is the last day to post an entry, I'm not going to make it. The craziness of life has gotten in the way of soaping the last couple of weeks. I just hate that! I'm definitely going to try this technique again because it was really fun. Thank you for hosting the challenge this month Sonya and I'm sorry I crapped out on it!

To everyone that's posted an entry so far: You guys did great work and should be so proud of yourselves! They're all seriously amazing which means voting is going to be SO difficult....again.... :)

I hear you. I don't have the time and have to get back to my kid. Nice to have a break but family first.

Here are my other attempts, including the first one, the purple and green. I poured way too many layers in my pour container, so it came out muddled. My favorite was the orange and green, but I didn't get a close up pic when I cut it, and it had already discolored when I went back to look at it, and the feathers didn't show well anymore.

IMG_20160717_113007.jpg

IMG_20160717_113145.jpg

IMG_20160717_112909.jpg

KristaY said:
Well, since today is the last day to post an entry, I'm not going to make it.

Same here. Life happened and I wasn't able to get to my second attempt in time (unexpected overnight company dropping in), and since my first attempt was a bust, there's no entry pic for me. On the bright side, my company has now left and I finally have time enough to try my hand at my second attempt (I'll be doing it later tonight). WooHoo! Too late for an entry pic, I know, but I'm determined to have it come out right this time! lol

Thank you, Sonya, for hosting this month's challenge, and I look forward to the next one!

IrishLass :)

This was wuite the learning challenge for me. I've never really used colorants save cocoa powder. I just need to learn how to use indigo, even if it will fade over time. I'm grateful for trying this challenge and I want to try it once more to get it right.

All of the passwords have been sent to those that signed up. If you have signed up but didn't receive a pm with a password, please pm me!

This is the link to the survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QNY6FX8

If you notice any mistakes (at all) please let me know. I didn't know what pictures to choose but I did my best. If you want yours changed to another, let me know.

Rusti's picture doesn't seem to be showing up for me so I had to go back and look at the original thread before I voted.

I did vote though, even though I struggled to only pick 3 - So Many Great Soaps!!!

Latest posts

Back