SMF August Challenge- Pokemon/Hanger Circling Taiwan

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, arbok is poison type and the others Arimara pointed out are in fact "magical" (psychic type). However, considering most Pokemon shoot fire, water, poison stingers or other things from themselves, I'd say they're a pretty magical lot!

Lenarenee, sorry about jury duty! I got out of it once from being in college in a different county.

Krista, you picked some good color combo Pokemon! I hope you have time to join!

.....:(:(:(. I got 3 - 4 weeks of jury duty.

You are so lucky! I cannot for the life of me get picked for a jury. Every time they find out I work for (1) the federal government (2) a law enforcement agency (3) the law enforcement agency happens to be the Secret Service, they automatically can me. What the heck? I cannot wait until I retire. I'm going to beg to be on a jury. No, I'm going to demand my Constitutional rights to be seated on a jury. And I hope it's a long drawn out high profile murder, too.

You are so lucky! I cannot for the life of me get picked for a jury. Every time they find out I work for (1) the federal government (2) a law enforcement agency (3) the law enforcement agency happens to be the Secret Service, they automatically can me. What the heck? I cannot wait until I retire. I'm going to beg to be on a jury. No, I'm going to demand my Constitutional rights to be seated on a jury. And I hope it's a long drawn out high profile murder, too.

I'll trade you! I lose an entire month of summer with our little girl, (plus the 3 weeks she's staying with her grandparents) not to mention the childcare clients who will need to go else where. And income.

Yes, I was informed it's illegal to be fired for jury service, but I don't work for a business that has human resources and its hoops that must be jumped through before someone gets canned. I have no protection.

Yes, arbok is poison type and the others Arimara pointed out are in fact "magical" (psychic type). However, considering most Pokemon shoot fire, water, poison stingers or other things from themselves, I'd say they're a pretty magical lot!

Lenarenee, sorry about jury duty! I got out of it once from being in college in a different county.

Krista, you picked some good color combo Pokemon! I hope you have time to join!

Thank you Galaxy. I almost cried in the courthouse. I'm satisfied to fulfill my duty for the privilege of being an American citizen, but I told them which weeks would not burden me in any way....and now this.

Here in California after you get your summons you can actually call the county and request a change of date and courthouse - which I did. I scheduled it for vacation time; I'm home alone for 3 weeks. So I volunteered those 3 weeks....but got the ones after that! I almost cried in the courthouse.

Did you explain about the soap challenge? I bet if you explain that you need to make Pokémon soap, they'd excuse you. :)

Darn! I want a do-over. I bet I would have gotten more sympathy for losing out on the Aug soap challenge than I did for loss of income/clients time.

I mean really - there were 72 other people just in our group alone they could have chosen.

Teresa, I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not. Knowing what I've read from you, I'm inclined to believe it is not!

No sarcasm at all. I am dead serious. I would LOVE to be on a jury for a highly technical (aka boring as all heck) trial. Bring out the science geeks: the anthropologists, the odontologists, the entomologists, the hair and fiber experts! I would be in seventh heaven!! I eat that stuff like candy. My favorite magazine is Evidence Technology. It comes to the office.

I'll trade you! I lose an entire month of summer with our little girl, (plus the 3 weeks she's staying with her grandparents) not to mention the childcare clients who will need to go else where. And income.

Yes, I was informed it's illegal to be fired for jury service, but I don't work for a business that has human resources and its hoops that must be jumped through before someone gets canned. I have no protection.

Oh no! I am so sorry. I really wish I could trade you. :cry:

My page didn't load so I didn't see all the replies. Ignore this response

Last edited:
lena, sorry about the jury duty. It can be such a disruption to life. I was called about a year ago, but didn't get seated on a jury. They dismissed me when I answered that I would tend to believe the police. Go figure.

1. carlyjones - exciting!!
2. dibbles - saying it first - I'll give it a GO
3. TeresaT - Pokemon. Oh, yay!
4. BattleGnome - I call shiney squirtle!
5. Arimara - Eggs are cute! Wait, that's not how it goes...
6. Rusti - Maybe I'll have time to do this one at some point this month. No idea what Pokemon to go for though!
7. Dixiedragon - me too!
8. SunWolf - Growlithe for me!!
9. Dillsandwitch - Gotta soap em all!

Hopefully will have time this month to try this one. looks like it could be really fun

My dad has actually served in 2 juries and says it's very interesting. Though he didn't have any cool evidence like Teresa is looking for!

On his case, he actually knew the defense attorney, the defendant AND the judge - yet he some how didn't get excused. It was a bit weird.

My dad has actually served in 2 juries and says it's very interesting. Though he didn't have any cool evidence like Teresa is looking for!

On his case, he actually knew the defense attorney, the defendant AND the judge - yet he some how didn't get excused. It was a bit weird.

Perhaps he wasn`t excused because they allready knew he was such a level headed person with a huge ammount of integrity, so they really wanted him to be there so he could add his common sense into the mix, even though he knew the defendant? It may have been a expression of trust.

But I don`t know...Sorry for butting in o_O

6. Rusti - Maybe I'll have time to do this one at some point this month. No idea what Pokemon to go for though!
7. Dixiedragon - me too!
10. Guspuppy - Bellsprout, bc it is also in plants vs. zombies! hahaha

7. Dixiedragon - me too!

Good one.:lol:

7. Dixiedragon - me too!
11. earlene - granddaughter has been playing Pokeman Go frequently this trip, so she was super excited about this challenge

I loved jury duty and every time I am called I want to serve. The first time I served on a jury I was surprised not to be rejected because I was still an actively employed nurse and it was a medical malpractice case. But I think they may have been quite close to their maximum allowable challenges and that may have been why. I really enjoyed serving on that case. My husband served on the grand jury for a while and he really enjoyed that, too. I wish I could get called again, but it doesn't seem to come around very often.

7. Dixiedragon - me too!
11. earlene - granddaughter has been playing Pokeman Go frequently this trip, so she was super excited about this challenge
12. TheDragonGirl- Lets see if I have time for this, I want to do Dragonair

Back